This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacramento chapter.

Did you know The WELL offers free fitness classes this semester? Yes, The WELL offers a wide variety of FREE fitness classes for every level of ability. All you need is your student OneCard to check in and you are good to go! Let’s face it. It always feels great to workout, but sometimes the same routine can become boring and is another item on the to-do list. That is why I love attending the fitness classes because it’s so different each time and I learned how to do yoga, hip-hop, cycle circuit and so much more! This is perfect if you’ve been trying to get a workout in or just want to try something new and fun with your friends. Below, I put together a list of five classes that are my personal favorites to attend and don’t forget to grab your planner because you might want to add at least of these to your next workout session.

1. Hip-Hop

Photo courtesy of Michael Zittel

Omg… I love to dance! Hip-hop, though? Not really because I had no idea where to start and I was afraid of making a fool of myself in the class. I decided to try it out because this is the first semester that The Well is offering this class. I didn’t realize it would be so much fun! The instructor and classmates were so energetic during this session. If you want to check this class out, it is offered every Monday night at 6:15pm-7:15pm. However, classes are filling up fast so grab your squad and get ready to bust out your best moves.

2. Zumba

Photo courtesy of Trinity Kubassek

Zumba is an intense, high-energy dance aerobic workout to Latin/International rhythms. It was a challenging class I took, but with more practice I started building a stronger rhythm. My favorite thing about Zumba is it feels more like a dance party than an intense workout. I love this Latin music based fitness class because it will have you moving your hips to songs like “Mi Gente” and “Gasolina.” Luckily, zumba is offered multiple times throughout the week so you can fit it into your schedule easily. Also, be sure to keep a lookout for the annual Zumba Glow Party, which is happening April 11th at 8:30pm-9:45pm! You don’t want to miss out on this fun event. For more details on how to register, visit here.

3. Cycle Circuit

Photo courtesy of Pixabay

If you are looking to step up your workout game, then cycle circuit is perfect for you. It is a challenging workout, which builds cardiovascular and muscular strength in an hour long class. Because SoulCycle has recently become a trendy workout, I decided to try it out for myself and thought it’d be like riding a bike. It was so much harder than I realized. During the class, we participated in cardio intervals on the bike strength intervals using free weights, stability balls and other equipment. Let me tell you, it wasn’t easy, but it definitely strengthened my legs. These classes are offered from Tuesday at 6:00pm-6:50pm and Thursday at 12:15pm-1:15pm.

4. Core & More

Photo courtesy of bruce mars

Do you remember during high school in gym class we had to do a certain number of crunches and sit-ups to pass the physical fitness test? Well, this class said goodbye to the old fashioned core workouts and focuses on strengthening your core and back, while encouraging balance, strength and coordination. If you’re in a hurry and can’t spend too much time at the gym, this class is only 30 minutes long! I’ll be there getting my abs toned so I’m ready to rock that summer body for spring break, which will be here soon. These classes are offered Mondays at 7:30pm-8:00pm and Wednesdays at 7:35pm-8:00pm

5. Yoga

Photo courtesy of bruce mars

What’s more relaxing than yoga? I enjoy yoga so much especially after a stressful week of studying and tests. It helps me to feel relaxed, recenter my mind, body and spirit. Plus, it also makes for a great workout too. Yoga incorporates different yoga traditions, which helps the body with flexibility, inner focus and the alignment of your breathing. It’s perfect for all fitness levels, who want to focus on their inner and outer strength. At The WELL, yoga offers the most classes with 10+ courses per week every day!

If you are looking through some of these classes and feel like none of them are right for you, then visit here to check out other classes being offered. All you need to do is select fitness then classes and you will see a wide variety of classes being offered at multiple times or days a week! There are so many to choose from Kickbox Fit, Pilates, Total Body Conditioning  and so much more, which are also a part of the free fitness classes at The WELL. Don’t forget to register first because these classes will fill up fast!

Guinnevere King

Sacramento '18

.