12 Dorm-Friendly and Effective Workouts for Bad Weather Days

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

Whether you are an experienced fitness enthusiast, a newbie to the workout world or an athlete, no one wants to workout when the weather’s bad. Rain, snow, hail and low temperatures with heavy winds can all hinder someone from going to the gym or doing an outdoor workout, especially here, at Willy P. So here’s a list of workouts that are dorm friendly so you can still exercise but don’t have to freeze on the way to the gym.

*All of these workouts can be done without weights, however, for increased difficulty you can add your own weights if you have access to them.* (See below for weight substitutions).

Arms:

• Arm circles

• Push ups

• Planks

• Tricep Dips

Butt and thighs:

• Squats or Jump Squats

• Glute Bridge

• Burpees

• Lunges or Curtsy Lunges

Abs:

• Leg Lifts

• 6-inch Hold for 30 seconds to 1 minute

• Bicycle Crunches

• V-Ups

Weight Substitutions:

Not everyone has access to weights outside of the gym, so here are some alternatives for those who want a more difficult workout:

• Water bottles in a plastic bag 

• Packs of printer paper

• Pots/pans

• Your trusty textbooks

*Warning: before exercising always stretch and remember to listen to your body so you don’t push yourself too hard.*

I'm a Communications major at William Paterson University. This is my first semester here as a freshman and I'm new to writing for Her Campus.
 Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"