Spring Break Beach Body Count Down: 2 Weeks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Going somewhere warm and summery for spring break? Want to look hot in a bikini? Follow these exact steps for the next two weeks and whatever you do, do NOT cheat yourself. Achieving a hot bikini body is something that isn’t done with the snap of your fingers. It’s a process, which I, myself, have fallen in love with.

First and foremost, LADIES, don’t be afraid of weights! You aren’t going to look amazing in a bikini by just doing some cardio and abs. What about the rest of your body? Did you know that your body will not completely changeif you don’t target each muscle group? Did you know that you can’t work off a bad diet? For the next four weeks, I challenge you to research lifting tips and doing an hour or two of HIIT cardio (High Intensity Interval Training) and give clean eating a try! I promise if you do these two things for the next two weeks, you will see drastic changes with your body — the body you were meant to have.

I’m used to hearing, “I don’t want to get bulky” or “lifting is for guys.” NO! When were these rules placed and by who? There is no secret to getting fit, nor are there any short cuts to being healthy. There is no magic pill to losing all of that weight. You just have to put in the effort and have to want it as badly as you need to breathe! You may not be where you want to be by spring break but you will definitely be closer.

An hour of training takes up only 4% of your day. Prepping your meals once a week only takes a couple hours. What’s hard is “missing” all of the candy, junk food and alcohol. Which is why I think it’s perfectly fine to have one cheat meal a week! Finding a balance is what is most important; otherwise, you are probably setting yourself up for failure. Also, don’t be afraid to try new things! You can make your veggies tasty and make creative meals so you’re not eating the same boring thing each day.

Remember to set your mind to it and never give up! You’ll get there soon enough. 

Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!