This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

The end of the semester is here… and so are finals, projects and lots of exams to study for. While this can be a lot to manage, don’t forget to take care of yourself too! Here are some tips to help you de-stress for finals week.

1. Exercise

When you do any type of exercise, your body releases endorphins. This will help boost your mood! If you don’t have time for the gym, then take some time out of your day to do a 10 minute workout in your room. Exercising will help reduce your stress and help you stay healthy. 

2. Eat Healthy

When you eat better you’ll feel better, simple as that.

3. Unplug

I know it sounds difficult, but try to take time to put down the phone, especially when you’re studying. You’ll focus more and you’ll get through your work faster. Take some time when you’re not working to unplug as well.  It’s impossible to escape stress when it follows you everywhere. 

4. Focus on things you like to take away stress!

Simple things, such as a warm bath, listening to your favorite music, drawing and writing or spending time on your favorite hobby, can give you a much-needed break from the stress in your life.

5. Stay positive

It has been found that laughter lowers levels of stress hormones. Having a positive mindset will set you in the right direction for finals week.

Psychology major at URI with a double minor in English and Education. Loves coffee & anything caramel, dancing, music and watching Netflix. Obsessed with all things Disney and spent a semester working at Disney's Animal Kingdom.