stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Best Fitness Channels on YouTube

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Minnesota chapter.

The new year always brings a fresh wave of inspiration for many people to set a goal to live a healthier and more active lifestyle. This resolution may not be as simple as it sounds when you’re a broke college student living in Minnesota, and it probably isn’t feasible to buy a fancy gym membership if you have a million college expenses. Also, living in Minnesota adds an extra challenge of actually getting to your workout facility in our extreme winter weather conditions. But hey, don’t let these problems stop you from living the lifestyle you intend to live! There are hundreds of motivating and inspirational YouTube channels for whatever your fitness goals may be. The best part is they’re free and can be done in the comfort of your own room! Here are some of my favorites:

1. Blogilates

Cassey Ho is the woman behind the peppy brand “Pop Pilates.” With over 3 million subscribers, she continues to lead her viewers through fun yet effective pilates-inspired workouts for every occasion, like if you’re looking for a nice cardio dance workout or if you’re wanting to have killer legs. Her videos are great for beginners because she always takes time to explain how to correctly do each movement. She has workout videos that range from just a few minutes to over 30 minutes. Check out some of her most viewed videos: Drive By Inner Thighs Workout, 6 Minutes to Sexy Arms and the 5 Best Exercises to Flatten Your Lower Belly.

2. Tone It Up

The founders of Tone It Up, Karena Dawn and Katrina Scott, are seriously #bestfriendgoals. They’re so encouraging to one another while being motivational to their audience at the same time. They record most of their videos while they’re on the beach, so it’s a nice release for those of us stuck looking at three inches of snow outside our window. They have a wide variety of videos for each muscle group and they also have some high intensity interval training (HIIT) videos as well! They recently teamed up with Becca Tilley from the Bachelor to do a Bombshell Booty workout video. Try out their HIIT Workout or Total Body Tone Up when you want to break a sweat!

3. SuperHeroFitnessTV

Be prepared to dance your booty off with Keaira LaShae! Her workouts are always super energizing and enjoyable because she brings unique choreography to her videos. You may feel a little silly doing some of the moves, but just own it because you’re going to be having fun while being healthy. She’s so popular that she creates workout videos for the website DailyBurn! Check out some of her dance videos on YouTube: Hip Hop Tabata, Latin Soca Dance and 10 Minute Fat Burning Kickboxing.

4. Yoga with Adriene

If you’re looking for a great practice for your mind and body, check out Adriene Mishler! She preaches self-love in every video while incorporating some comic relief in challenging poses. She has tons of videos for whatever your motivation may be, such as Yoga for Anxiety and Stress Relief and Yoga for Weight Loss. Also, her wonderful descriptions of yoga moves helps to advance your practice and ensures proper form. Even if you attend a yoga class regularly, it’s always nice to have a reference for those more difficult inversions. Yogis, be sure to check out her helpful tips for Headstands and Crow Pose!

5. FitnessBlender

Daniel and Kelli are the married duo who runs FitnessBlender, a channel of hundreds of full-length workout videos. They make their workouts extremely versatile so you can modify or make moves more challenging depending on your fitness needs. Their videos are well-edited and include a countdown clock for every move so you know exactly how long you’ll have to tough it out for! They also have an estimate of how many calories you’re burning so you get instant satisfaction from your hard work. Try out some of their most viewed videos: 10 Min Abs Workout, 5 Minute Butt and Thigh Workout and 32 Minute Home Cardio Workout.

Don’t let anything stop you from reaching your 2017 fitness goals, Gophers!

Erin Gallagher is a sophomore at the University of Minnesota studying child psychology. Her dream job is being a therapist for adolescents and helping them through their difficult times. In her freetime, she loves to lift weights at the gym and see movies with her friends. Follow her on Instagram to see what she's up to! @eringallagher96