This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Aromatherapy Candles

These all-natural, homemade synthetic candles enhance the fragrance of essential oils to relax your sense, ease stress, and make focusing ten times better. What’s better than an affordable DIY project? I’ll wait. First, you will need the essential oil of your choice (you could never go wrong with a rosemary fragrance), a generous amount of soy wax to fill a container, an old mason jar, a wick, a pot, and a stove. Melt the soy wax in the pot and stir a partial amount of your desired essential oil, thoroughly. Immediately after stirring, hold the wick string vertically inside the mason jar pouring your essential oil soy wax concoction around it. After the wax dries, you have yourself a homemade aromatherapy candle! – I recommend the aromatherapy candle and bath combo (preferably with Dr. Teal’s relaxing bath soap!)

Face Masks

There are many kitchen ingredients that have additive benefits to our skin. Some common ingredients are avocadoes, honey, and greek yogurt! Avocadoes have benefits such as antioxidants and vitamins E and C. They are high in hydrating properties that reduce fine lines and wrinkles, enhancing the skin’s elasticity. Honey boosts collagen production- which boosts the skin’s glow! Greek yogurt has lactic acid that exfoliates, getting rid of dead skin.

Two of my fave go-to combos are avocadoes and honey and greek yogurt and honey. You simply mix enough of each ingredient to apply on your face. Leave the mask on for 15 to 20 minutes and gently wipe off the contents with a damp face towel. Pat dry. Now you have hydrated and glowy skin! Make sure to moisturize daily to eliminate dryness!

Homemade Sugar Scrub and Body Butter

Sugar scrubs and body butter both have major benefits for the skin, but one huge benefit is smooth, exfoliated, and silky skin. You will need brown sugar, olive oil or coconut oil, and essential oil of your choice! Mix even amounts of each product into a container, and shake well. Now try your new luscious body scrub for touchably soft skin!

Body butter is used for slick moisturization after a nice cleanse. For this, you will need coconut oil, shea butter, cocoa butter, jojoba oil, arrowroot powder (optional- makes the butter not feel super greasy), essential oils of your choice, a pot, a small mason jar, and a mixer or whisk. Evenly combine all ingredients in the pot, except for the essential oils. Bring the ingredients to medium heat until all is melted. Let your concoction sit in the fridge for about one hour before taking it out. It should be hard but somewhat soft if that makes sense. Use the mixer or whisk to whip the mixture for 10 minutes or until fluffy. Finally, add the essential oils and whip for another 2 minutes, move the whipped butter into a small mason jar, and store in a cool room.

This sugar scrub and body butter will have your skin feeling like greatness and you deserve it. I hope you enjoy your projects!

BONUS TIP!

One huge thing I do to stay sane and protect my peace of mind is journaling! You are your best person to vent to. Personally, writing in a journal helps me to jot down thoughts that may be happy or sad, stressful, anxious, and hopeful. It helps to write down your aspirations and send affirmations your way. I guarantee that your mind will be much clearer after journaling. You can either journal daily or monthly (that’s your personal preference).

– Bless you!

Hey I'm Aryn. WELCOME!
Her Campus at Valdosta State.