Kayla Bacon-Sneakers And Stretching
Kayla Bacon-Sneakers And Stretching
Kayla Bacon / Her Campus
Wellness > Health

Your New Favorite Workout Channel

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

As much as I would not like to say the words “quarantine” anymore, I am going to tell you about the best YouTube workout channel to watch during this quarantine. Before I get started, I hope everyone is staying safe and remaining to be cautious during these trying times. Hopefully, this article will motivate you to get off your butt and take some time to work on your health and bettering yourself if you haven’t been already. I know that gyms are closed and being stuck inside means lots of built-up energy, so why not take the time and workout in your room, apartment, living room, on your porch. I mean you can watch it even after the quarantine is over, I’ve been using this channel since middle school. All you need is a yoga mat and yourself. 

The channel that I absolutely love is called “Blogilates”. Some of you may have heard of this channel, and I really hope you love it as much as I do. The face of “Blogilates” is 33-year-old Casey Ho, who started the channel posting pilates workout videos. I love this channel because Casey is so inspirational, motivational, and all-around seems like the sweetest person alive. Even if you don’t like her workouts, it’s extremely hard to not like her. As I said, I’ve been using her channel since middle school and it has been so cool to watch her and her channel grow.

two women working out
Photo by bruce mars from Pexels

Her workouts are also amazing and target super specific areas of the body. I’m almost positive that any part of your body you want to work out, she has a video for that. Even if you just want to stretch or relieve stress, she has videos for that too! Her videos not only make you burn and sweat, but she explains every single move so that you never wonder why you’re doing a movement. Casey makes sure her viewers know the proper form of the workout, what areas of the body it targets, and even demonstrates modified workouts for beginners of the channel. She not only makes awesome YouTube videos for her viewers, but her website has printable calendars, clean recipes, and fun challenges to do on your own. 

My personal favorite video right now is titled “Fat Burn Machine.” The other day it was raining, and the gyms were closed so I couldn’t run or do cardio, and I really just wanted to sweat. I had never done this video before, so I tried it out, and wow. I started the video thinking it wouldn’t be so bad, and by the end, I couldn’t stand up off of my yoga mat. I definitely recommend watching any of her videos, I’m sure you’ll get something out of it, and it’ll kill time during this quarantine. 

Girl doing push up
Pixabay

My name is Mackenzie Moraski, I am a freshman and I'm undecided! In my free time I love playing with my dog.