bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Fitness Friday: Week of March 27th

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

TGIF, this week was something! I hope everyone is having a great week, I am super happy this week is over because it was rough coming off of spring break and being super busy again. However, I am very energized and ready to blaze through the rest of this semester! Let’s jump into my week in fitness.

Here’s me this week in my lululemon bra and black Forever21 leggings!

My Workouts by Day:

TUES: 15 min elliptical, 20 min stretch, 10 min abs, 10 min Stairmaster – all at gym

THURS: 1 hr cardio

FRI: 30 min yoga abs at home

While I was on spring break last week, I still managed to get some workouts in! (no breaks y’all)

Workout Pro Tip of the Week:

This week I will be giving some yoga tips! Yoga is one of my favorite ways to work on strength, flexibility, and peace of mind. When doing yoga, be sure to set yourself up in a space where you feel calm and free yourself of possible distractions. The most important thing about yoga is the focus, so you want to be able to achieve that steady state of mind by adjusting your surroundings. Whether this works best in a yoga class, at home, outside, or with friends, play around and find what works for you.

The second most important thing about yoga is finding your breath. Connecting your movement to your breath will help make the workout and practice more beneficial to both your body and mind. This is something that takes a bit of patience and time to get down. Before you begin your practice you should always get seated in a comfortable position, close your eyes, and begin to breathe in deeply through your nose and exhale out of your mouth. This will help set the tone of the practice!

Fitstagram of the Week:

@Workoutbean

Photo by @workoutbean via Instagram

SoulCycle instructor, Adidas Ambassador, and fitness extraordinaire, Jera Foster-Fell has been taking Instagram by storm for quite some time! Her cute posts of her workouts and lovable puppy, Thatcher, will be the perfect addition to fitspo on your timeline.

Gym Must-Have of the Week:

Lululemon Leggings

Photo by @lululemon via Instagram

I have been wanting these leggings for such a long time, but never had the nerve to splurge on them. Lululemon leggings are super high quality, and if you get a tear in your pair, they will replace them for free!

Healthy Treat of the Week:

So Delicious Non Dairy Frozen Dessert

Photo by @so_delicious via Instagram

This ice cream alternative is one of my favorite treats as a lactose intolerant chickie! So Delicious offers ice cream made with products such as soy milk, coconut milk, and almond milk. These aren’t just fort lactose-free people, they are a healthy dupe for ice cream!

That’s all folks, thanks for reading. Have a good weekend, and don’t forget to love yourself!

DISCLAIMER: I am in NO way a fitness professional or a nutritionist, I just put a big focus on health and nutrition in my life and want to share what works for me.

Gia Tims

Hofstra '20

Gia is a double major in journalism and Italian at Hofstra University. She is obsessed with yoga, pugs, Friends and Target runs. Gia loves writing and hopes to live in NYC one day to fulfill her dream of becoming a journalist! Follow her on Instagram and Twitter @giatims