This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Well, ladies, it’s that time of year. The leaves change, the weather cools, and snow returns. Yes, sweater season is upon us. But with sweaters, comes midterms. And with midterms, comes stress. So whether you or someone you know is suffering from the Midterm Blues, here are some activities that are sure to cheer the soul.

Color some curse words

It’s been proven that coloring can calm the mind, clear your head, and cure your ails. Actually I don’t really know about that last one. But, for real, grab some crayons and your favorite coloring book. You won’t regret it.

Take it out on an inanimate object

Don’t let this photo be you. Stress balls have some seriously superb therapeutic powers. As do Dammit Dolls. And cheap plates from Target (if you really need to break something). 

Take a Walk

I know you’re thinking, “It’s Boston, I walk everywhere.” And you’re not wrong. But do you ever just walk? Without having anywhere to go? A purpose? A destination? Take a walk just for the fun of walking, it’ll calm your mind.

Get your yoga on

Registration is just around the corner and if you haven’t taken a Yoga PDP yet, now is the time. If that doesn’t work with your schedule, but you really need some zen? Marsh Chapel is currently offering a class for students on Thursdays!

Facemask it up

Happy skin, happy life. Or something like that. But honestly, try this if you haven’t already. It’s necessary. 

Substitute your daily cup of caffeine

As a self-proclaimed coffee-addict, I understand how unappealing this may seem. But caffeine has been shown to heighten stress and anxiety. So if you are just really feeling overwhelmed, try substituting your daily cup of joe with tea! Or, my personal favorite, kombucha!

Sleep on it

Girl. Get. Some. Sleep. You need it.

Dance it out

If you are a Grey’s Anatomy fan, this should make some sense to you. Dance it out! Turn that pity party into a dance party. It’s so much healthier, so much happier, so much fun…er.  Invite your friends! Let them be the Cristina to your Meredith.

Visit FitRec

This can be hard. You’re busy with life, school, and that new internship. But once you go, you know you’ll feel better.

Sing some songs

Lizzo wants to help you — let her! Truth hurts sometimes. But it can hurt so much less if you just let yourself sing it.

Crack open a book

Reading can feel like such a chore sometimes. And I know that reading for school kinda takes the fun out of it. But you’ve gotta turn that thought around! Visit Coolidge Corner and browse. You’re sure to find something that can take you from here, even if it’s only between the pages. 

Buy a planner

Organization is the key to success. If you do not have a planner, you need one. Urgently. If you are ~artsy~ try bullet journaling! If you are not, just get some stickers! You’ll feel so much better.

Dress to the NINES

There’s just something really satisfying about getting dressed up for no one but yourself. So, girl, put on your mascara, those sparkly clothes, and strut down those dorm halls!

Dress to the ONES

You can wear whatever you want. And, some days, sweats are all that’s gonna do it. Do that for yourself. You just need to do you. 

As the term continues, it’s important to remember that you can’t really thrive, if you’re not alright — mentally, emotionally, and physically. Take care of yourself. If you need help, ask for it. We care about you. 

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Jazzy is a junior in the College of Communication at Boston University. The Minnesota native loves all kinds of fun things like coffee drinks, Beyoncé songs, and fictional books with strong female protagonists. If you like those things too, that's awesome! Please be her friend.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.