This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Youngstown chapter.

I feel like Stitch from Lilo & Stitch when he read the book about the duckling. Repeating “I’m lost.”

As I come to graduate from university soon enough, a lot of things start to feel out place or unfinished. One of them being – me. People grow and change every day, yet environment can make turn this flow stagnant as you come into a routine.

Like driving – sometimes you get to your destination, not realizing that you’ve gotten there because you’ve made the drive a dozen times before and its now muscle memory. College has become muscle memory for me, and I know I’m not alone.

Talking with friends of mine, here are a few things fellow Youngstown State University students have had to say:

“I don’t know what I’m doing, but I know I’m doing it.”

“Feels like a never-ending roller coaster. I’ve gotten used to the upside down parts now.”

“Yeah, it does [feel like a roller coaster]. It’s one giant loop.”

“I have no idea what I’m going to do when I graduate.”

As I write this article, it reminds of a similar article a fellow Her Campus at Youngstown writer turned alumni, wrote a while ago about once being called a gifted child – mentioning burnout and imposter syndrome. While I have never been called this, the emotion is the same. The fear of the unknown – it takes over and you become numb and clueless to the world around you.

I am so busy with school and organizations, and taking time out to do needed self-care so I don’t go crazy, but when will the roller coaster end?

Graduation is down the street and around the corner; I have plans and goals, but my life has become so stagnant I don’t know where to begin… or technically, continue I guess you could say.

Stitch found a family and didn’t feel lost anymore. I’m looking for my family, for some resemblance of security, but the safety bar feels loose and the upside down is coming up.

For those of us who have no clue to what to do, or what’s to come – you are not alone. I believe we will get off this roller coaster eventually and enjoy the rest of what life has to offer us.

For more reads from our writers, here are a few articles to check out!

Getting Ahead This Spring Semester

Spring Semester Scaries

Peace In The Unknown Career

My Post Graduation Steps

Job or Grad School?

Camden Spann

Youngstown '24

I am a Senior at Youngstown State University achieving a degree in Merchandising: Fashion & Interiors with a double minor in Journalism and Creative Writing.