This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Youngstown chapter.

This is the semester to finally get ahead and not procrastinate. With this being the second week of school, it is the perfect time to put good attention ahead. The best way to do this is to plan ahead. An easy trick to staying organized is to plan out your week and get things that you know are due out of the way as soon as you can. When you get your syllabus on the first day of class it is so important to look at all of the due dates and see what you need to start studying for and getting ready right away.

Although at times it is hard to keep on track, it is important to stay focused and just go week by week so that you can stay on track. When times get tough, it is also important to take time for yourself. Doing one thing a day for you is such an important intention. When you do this, it actually makes school easier to do as well as makes you more productive. This semester is the time to put yourself and school first. Mental health this semester is as important as ever, make sure to take time for yourself.

Julianna Sandine

Youngstown '24

I am a Senior at Youngstown State University, majoring in Biochemistry through the Baccmed program. My hobbies include thrifting, drinking coffee, doing yoga, and hanging out with her friends! I love HerCampus for all it has given & taught me, I have met the most amazing girls through HC <3