This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

With bikini season looming around the corner, it might be time to stop calling that weekly crawl up Bascom a sufficient workout. Here are a couple places you can get in shape this semester!

1. The Obvious: Hit the Gym

Easier said than done, right? Although the SERF is almost completely torn down now, you can use your Wiscard to use the fitness center in Ogg and the Nat on Lakeshore! You can hit the weights, get in some cardio or even swim a couple laps. If you prefer a different setting, you can purchase membership passes at a number of workout places downtown, such as Anytime Fitness on East Campus Mall.

2. Join an Intramural

Maybe you’re a a three-time high school varsity athlete; maybe you’ve never played a sport in your life. Doesn’t matter — intramurals are good for everyone! Get a group of friends together and choose from one of the 15 available sports. From sand volleyball to bubble soccer, intramurals are a fun way to get active!

3. Get a Group Fitness Pass

If you need your girls to help motivate you to workout, bring them along! Rec Sports offer 11 fitness classes, with start times ranging from 7 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Drop in for $5 or get an unlimited spring pass for $30. Whether you prefer a fast-paced cycling class, a meditative yoga class or a fun Latin-based Zumba class, there’s something for everyone.

4. Get Outside

Take advantage of the outdoors as the temps start rising and as things begin to grow! Lakeshore Trail, while a beautiful place to just run or bike, also has a fitness trail with nine different stations that target different muscle groups! Get in your cardio and a full body workout, all while enjoying the fresh air and nature Lakeshore has to offer.

Working out is a hassle. While it may seem like it’s taking time out of your day, exercise — in all its forms — is beneficial for both your mental and physical health. Convincing yourself to get up and go is the hardest part; but once you discover a routine that works for you, the benefits — boosting mood, reducing stress and improving sleep  — are so worth it!