This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Anyone who loves sleep knows that you’re coziest when you’re swarmed and swaddled in blankets. The weight of all those blankets is oddly comforting and creates a really nice vibe. When I was gifted a weighted blanket last year, I fell in love. I’ve had my weighted blanket for almost four months now, and it has changed my sleep tremendously. It simulates the feeling of having a bunch of blankets on you and helps you sleep deeper and more quickly. All in all, my weighted blanket has become one of my most prized possessions, and I’m about to tell you why it should be one of yours too.

Weighted blankets are seriously worth the price. They’re fairly expensive, so I was never able to commit to actually buying one myself, but when I received my weighted blanket for my birthday, I was super excited. After getting to try it out, I would go back and buy one for myself in a heartbeat. It was always something that I was looking forward to trying, and I finally had the opportunity to do so. Within the first couple of nights of using it, I found that I would fall asleep quicker and easier. It has helped me shut off my brain and fall into a deep sleep where I can rest and recharge, preparing for the next day. After a long day working or studying, I love crawling into bed with my super heavy blanket and drifting off. It’s super cozy and so worth any price you may have to pay.

Weighted blankets are not only worth the price, as they’re also long-lasting. Like I said, I’ve only had my weighted blanket for around four months, but one of my good friends has had a weighted blanket for a couple of years. Her blanket is still in tip-top condition and is doing its job perfectly. Weighted blankets are durable and last a while, so you know that when you buy yours, you’ll be making a long-term investment that’ll be well worth the price.

Not only can you sleep with your weighted blanket, but you can also bring it out during a movie or game night with your friends and family. They’re super cozy and can be a great addition to any social gathering. My blanket is super soft as is, but if you find you don’t like the texture of your blanket for whatever reason, you can always just slip it into a duvet cover.  Another great thing about weighted blankets is that they come in standard sheet sizes, so they’re super versatile and you can do so many things with them.

If you’ve been thinking about a weighted blanket for a while or are just now hearing about them and are intrigued, I definitely recommend splurging (if you can, obviously) and buying a weighted blanket. It has been a game-changer in regard to my sleep quality and schedule. I love my blanket and I guarantee, so will you!

Alexandra Winter

Wilfrid Laurier '23

Alex is in her third year of Kinesiology at Wilfrid Laurier University and is also minoring in Psychology. She has been a writer for Her Campus for about a year and a half and has loved every second of it. Some of her main hobbies include reading, working out, and hanging out with friends. Her favourite shows are Money Heist and Euphoria. She has a twin sister and 3 amazing pets who she loves very much.
Chelsea Bradley

Wilfrid Laurier '21

Chelsea finished her undergrad with a double major in Biology and Psychology and a minor in Criminology. She loves dogs way too much and has an unhealthy obsession with notebooks and sushi. You can find her quoting memes and listening to throwbacks in her spare - okay basically all - her time. She joined Her Campus in the Fall of 2019 as an editor, acted as one of two senior editors for the Winter 2020 semester and worked alongside Rebecca as one of the Campus Correspondents for the 2020-2021 year!