This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

You’ve made it through that middle of semester drag where the only thing to save you from the assignments and tests are the weekends, but you still find yourself occupied with school even then. Summer is still too far out of reach to save you, but luckily Spring Break is around the corner to help alleviate some of that stress. So here are a few tips to help you recuperate and come back and slay the rest of this semester!

Sleep

Now is the perfect time to take that coma-like nap where you think you are going to sleep for an hour and end up waking up four hours later. At least now you don’t have to feel bad about it! Let this be the time where you sleep in, hit the snooze button a few times and just relax in bed.

Treat Yourself

A little extra cash in your pocket this week? Stop by your favorite restaurant or take a trip to the mall to pick yourself up something to commemorate the passing of yet another (hopefully successful) midterm season! In the words of our favorite self-care advocate, Tom Haverford from Parks & Recreation, “Treat Yourself!”

Pick Back Up Your Hobbies

With hustle and bustle of the semester, it is easy to start neglecting the activities that bring you joy. Now that it is slowing down a bit, it’s easier to carve out time for your hobbies. It’s finally time to do the things you love to do instead of what you have to do.

Clean

Time for some spring cleaning! The cleanliness of your room, dorm or bathroom can fall by the wayside when occupied with school. It can amaze you how messy a room can get even when you sit in the same spot all day studying. Nothing can clear your mind better than a clean room. Declutter and organize to help bring some structure back to your life.

Blow Off Some Steam

There’s nothing like a night out to help blow off some steam! Time to hit up those friends you’ve been neglecting because of school and plan a night out. The introvert in you is saying you feel like staying in? That’s ok too! Curl up with your favorite blanket and binge watch that show you’ve been meaning to get to.

Reflect

Once all the relaxing has been done, it’s time to plan for the rest of the semester because this marathon isn’t over. Reflect on what was done right and what you can improve on. If the first half of the semester was hard for you, try to pinpoint why and work from there. If you were constantly skipping class, it’s time to start going. Partying a little too hard on the weekends? It’s time to cut back a bit. And if you’re not understanding the material in class, it’s time to become BFF’s with your professors and go to their office hours.

No matter how the first half of the semester went, there’s still time to bounce back and make this your 4.0 season!

Hi! My names Allyn Haynes. I'm a recent transfer student from Georgia State University to the University of Georgia. I am a Journalism with a minor in fashion merchandising. If I'm not writing you can catch me listening to Frank Ocean or binge watching a tv show. Thanks for stopping by and giving my article a read!