This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Yoga is great for many reasons. It can stimulate better blood flow, energize or relax you, ease cramps, help with digestion and increase your metabolism and flexibility, just to name a few benefits. There are lots of differing skill levels and kinds of yoga to choose from. These quick beginner-level poses may not count as a workout, but they can help wake you up on mornings where you’re feeling a little sluggish, and you’ll be sure to start your day with a little more energy.

Standing arm reachSimply stand with your back straight and feet together, inhale slowly while raising your arms up and over your head, and then exhale when lowering them down. Repeat for 3-5 breaths.

Standing forward bendWhen you’re on your last standing arm reach, just exhale, slowly fold your body over, and reach for your toes. Your knees can be bent slightly or straight. Only go as far as your comfort level lets you. Hold this for 3-5 breaths.

Plank poseLower yourself down into a standard plank position, keeping your back straight and your stomach tucked in. Be sure to keep your face muscles relaxed and breathe deeply. Hold the pose for 3-5 breaths.

Upward dogExhale and lower your hips. Lift your head up and backward and make sure your chest is nice and open. Hold this for 3-5 breaths.

Downward dogNow, inhale and lift your hips back up, angling your body like an upside down V with your palms and the balls of your feet firmly on the floor. Be sure to relax your neck with the pose. Breathe deeply 3-5 times.

Roll up to standing arm reachWalk your hands back toward your feet until you are in a standing forward bend. Then slowly roll yourself up vertebrae by vertebrae with your arms slowly raising from your sides above your head with a nice, big inhale. Exhale and lower your arms.

Now that you’re all warmed up, you can take on your day with more energy and focus. If these moves were less challenging than you’d hoped, or if you just want to do more, you can find lots of tutorials on YouTube for different strength levels. Namaste, collegiettes!

Savana is a second year student with senior standing at the University of Florida, where she's majoring in Journalism with a minor in Non-Profit Leadership. This is her second semseter with Her Campus UFL, and she works as both the secretary and a writer. She's also a contributing writer for the Florida Independent Alligator, is set to star in an upcoming documentary web series on contemorary feminism, and helps out with a journalism club founded at an elemenatary school in Tallahassee.