bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stonehill chapter.

Recovery:

Sounds like a sports term. Or a case of the Sunday scaries. But it’s actually the healthiest and easiest thing you can do for your spiritual, mental, emotional, and physical health. 

For most of us, the Fall semester has just descended upon us. While we’ve all heard of a work-life balance, there also needs to be a socializing-you time balance.  Last time I checked, my planner had about 7 things on it with nearly no time for even meals. 

Basically, every party can be fun. So can every midnight coffee run (I’m not the only one who does that right?), and working more jobs, and going to three different clubs, and joining sports but also working out with friends. I get it, we’re all busy people and I think it’s a good thing!

But after your third week in a row of running from one club to another class to winding down with friends and crawling to bed in the early morning, you might start to feel drained and burnt out.  Class will be harder to drag yourself to, tensions can rise with friends, and your overall health and moods can be in crisis mode. 

So, how do we balance everything in our schedules? I don’t either, but I’m trying. 

I try to map out my day with time blocks (my phone calendar is great for this!)  If I only have a random hour or half hour to myself out of the entire day, I dedicate it to my self care. 

I know I literally just said “Care”, but that doesn’t have to be a chore. In fact, it shouldn’t be.  Veg out in bed with your latest TV addiction or nap. Try that new yoga class your school’s offering or some coloring books. Or eat your fav junk food you’ve been craving. Anything that helps you de-stress and boosts your energy levels and makes you feel more like the whole person you already are. 

Remember, college is a time for you to develop into the person you most want to be. So make time for the present you and nurture yourself into adulthood with healthy habits that balance some not- so – healthy habits (like my iced coffee needs).  Your friends will understand if you can’t make it the caf for group lunch. 

Wishing you all a healthy, mindful semester that only brings you closer to your goals!

One final gif, courtesy of Giphy, because I need to for my soul! Love yourselves, beauties! 

Xo, just another sophomore still tryna figure everything out

Olivia Cerretani

Stonehill '22

hi everyone! I am a junior focusing on wellness and hope my articles encourage readers to be their best selves everyday physically, mentally, and nutritionally! Be kind to yourself so you can be kind to others! Self love is the best love :)