This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

With finals week coming up, everyone can use a little reminder to slow down and take care of yourself. I have come up with a few quick and easy ways to de-stress, even if you only have 10 minutes. 

1. Take a deep breath  

I’m sure you have heard this a thousand times, but have you actually done it? It can seriously help.

2. Do a face mask

A face mask is an awesome thing to do when you just need 10 minutes to chill. I suggest getting one that smells amazing and claims to help de-stress. Stress can cause you to break out, and no one wants that.

3. Call a friend

Sometimes calling a friend and venting about your stress can really help. It is nice to hear that they are going through the same thing, so you know you are not alone when dealing with the 5 exams and 3 papers you have due.

4. Eat something yummy

Take a break and eat your favorite meal or snack, actually enjoy eating it too. Sit there and try to forget everything you have going on for the 5 to 10 minutes it takes you to eat.

5. Listen to your favorite song and dance

This one may sound silly, but it is the best. Listen to your favorite song and just jam out for a couple minutes. It really helps to clear your brain and lift up your mood.

6. Diffuse some essential oils

Essential oils can really help. They smell great and can physically help your mood and your mind. Some of the best oils for this are lavender, chamomile, rose and lemongrass. Diffusers are not overly expensive either, here is a link to one!

7. Laugh

If you have the time, watch a funny movie or do something that will make you laugh. Not just a little laugh, either, but an actual belly laugh. There is nothing better than this to help relieve stress.

Want to keep up with Her Campus OSU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board and read our latest Tweets

Mackenzie is a junior majoring in Strategic Communication at The Ohio State University.