This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lafayette chapter.

The run lasted about an hour and a half with participants finishing at their own pace. It was a beautifully run event with people ranging from members of certain groups around campus to faculty from Lafayette. The event was also selling T-shirts to both the participants and volunteers advertising the Mental Health Coalition. The Mental Health Coalition is a student run organization on campus that pushes for a stronger awareness of mental health problems. The club works towards providing opportunities for more conversation in order to beat the stigma that mental health struggles don’t exist. The run garnered attention towards the importance of mental health within our society, especially on a college campus where stress triggers are a factor of everyday life for both students and faculty.

The organizers did a wonderful job of providing this community with an awareness for self-health and in acknowledging  the importance and severity of mental health. Running or walking, going three feet or sprinting three miles, everyone was welcomed and supported.

Be on the lookout for any upcoming races or fundraisers to get the opportunity to participate in such a wonderful cause!

i like food
Krystyna Keller

Lafayette '21

Creating things since '98 Campus Correspondent for HC Lafayette