This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Every morning at 7 am, I jump out of bed, do 50 squats, make eggs benedict and leave 30 minutes early for my daily commute to yoga . . . well, maybe in my dreams I do. Realistically, my alarm jolts me awake, and I hit snooze at least twice. Then, when the incessant beeping becomes entirely too much, I slowly slide out of bed grumbling and muttering to myself while trying to wipe the sleep from my eyes. At this moment in time, working out seems like a death sentence. Lucky for you and me, I have discovered beauty products that work wonders for both pre-workout and post-workout routines. Therefore, you can get some more “ZZZ’s” before your sweat session and dash off to class or work after in no time. Without further ado, here is my gym bag beauty essentials:

Pre-Workout Routine

Step 1: Wash your face with your favorite cleanser. Mine is CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser, but you can use whatever you prefer. Next moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! I like Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion personally! It is best to workout with fresh, clean skin!

Step 2 (optional): You can skip over this step; however, if you want to look a little more polished, you can use clear brow gel on your brows, lashes and any flyaways you may be experiencing in the A.M. I advise against mascara unless you are into the grungy look. I do not even like to use water-proof when working out because it is hard to take off after. Less is more when it comes to a fitness beauty routine!

Workout

It’s time to lace up your shoes, get on your bike, or unroll your mat! Good luck!

Post-Workout Routine

Congratulations! You did it! I bet you feel great! It is nice to start your day off right. However, now you have the challenge of hiding the evidence fast. Time to clean up and cool down before you are off to brunch, class, or work!

Step 1: Wipe down your face and body with a cleansing towelette. I absolutely adore Yes to Grapefruit Rejuvenating Facial Wipes. They tingle pleasantly, smell delightful and provide a deep clean.

Step 2: Mist with a soothing facial spray! Avene Thermal Spring Water cools and reduces any redness I may be experiencing. Another perk? They have a mini size! Perfect for freeing up space in your gym bag!

Step 3: Use a contour stick! It will allow your natural skin to peek through, camouflage any residual redness and accentuate your features. It’s hassle free unlike typical foundations.

Step 4: Tinted lip balm! This is my favorite step. Just a little sheen of color can tie the whole look together. My three faves? Maybelline Baby Lips in Cherry Me, Dr. PawPaw’s Tinted Ultimate Red Balm and Vaseline Lip Therapy Rosy Lips.

Step 5: Hand Cream! Weights, yoga, or biking can take a toll on your palms and appendages! Remedy rough skin with a lightweight lotion. I’m currently using HSC Green Clover and Aloe Hand and Body Lotion. They are based out of Mt. Gilead, Ohio. I like to shop local when I can!

Step 6: Mascara! Make sure you have cooled down (say NO to smudges!), and swipe on some drama.

Now you are ready to roll! Off you go! Have a marvelous day!  

Malorie Newingham is a Fashion Merchandising major at Kent State University. She enjoys biking, hiking, attending concerts, and seeking out yummy new places to eat with friends. She believes traveling is essential because so much of who we are is where we have visited. On campus, you may spot Malorie reading outside of Rockwell Hall or grabbing chai tea with friends. Malorie enjoys writing because she can share her voice with others. As an author for Her Campus, she wants to keep her audience up to date on the latest trends and encourage them to take chances. Malorie hopes to find a job where she has the freedom to roam, hopefully in a Jeep with her black Labrador Bella, and discover local stores, quaint coffee shops, yoga studios, and so much more. She would love to write freelance features for different publications on her experiences. Currently, her favorite websites include Into The Gloss, Byrdie, Outdoor Voices, and The Everygirl.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.