This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

It’s Friday! There’s only two weeks left until spring semester is over, I hope everyone does well on finals and is hanging in there! Let’s jump into my week in fitness. 

Me this week in a Nike sports bra and Nike shorts

My Workouts by Day:

DAY 1: Pinterest ab workout 15 mins, 15 min stretch

DAY 2: 15 min elliptical, 15 min stretch. 15 min Pinterest leg workout

DAY 3: 30 min healthy body yoga via YouTube

Workout Protip of the Week:

This week’s protip is going to be on what workouts to do while you are sick or suffering from severe allergies because it seems like everyone and their mother on campus is sick currently! My roommate helped me come up with this idea since she is sick herself. (thanks, Abby!)

It’s important to rest when you are sick, but light workouts can be extremely beneficial to your sick body, and can even help you get better faster. Yoga is a great option to help get your blood flowing and even get you to break a sweat to release the toxins from your body. There are yoga sequences you can do to help certain sicknesses and symptoms. Heading to the gym and just doing a light walk on the treadmill or the elliptical is also a good way to sweat it out but not overdo it. Sit in the sauna afterward to help further release the sickness from your body and open up your sinuses!

FItsagram of the Week:

@balletbeautiful

This Instagrammer is a standout from the rest – she’s a ballerina! Super fit and graceful Mary Helen Bowers has a beautiful Insta full of ballet inspiration. If you love dance, follow her!

Gym Must-Have of the Week:

Victoria Sport sports bra 

Photo by @victoriasport via Instagram

I have been wanting some activewear from Victoria’s Secret for a while since I have never tried this brand out before. I was surprised to see how reasonably priced some of the sports bras are, and I plan on buying one soon! (SO cute)

Healthy Treat of the Week:

Starbucks Toasted Coconut Cold Brew

Photo by @Starbucks via Instagram

With the unicorn, dragon madness that has been taking over Starbucks lately, you may be wondering what new conceptions aren’t full of sugary syrups. The toasted coconut cold brew is perfect for anyone who likes rich coffee and minimal flavor. It has the slightest taste of coconut to it, and contains actual coconut milk!

Have a good weekend everyone! Thanks for reading, and don’t forget to love yourself.

DISCLAIMER: I am in NO way a fitness professional or a nutritionist, I just put a big focus on health and nutrition in my life and want to share what works for me.

Gia Tims

Hofstra '20

Gia is a double major in journalism and Italian at Hofstra University. She is obsessed with yoga, pugs, Friends and Target runs. Gia loves writing and hopes to live in NYC one day to fulfill her dream of becoming a journalist! Follow her on Instagram and Twitter @giatims