5 Fitness Center Classes You Should Take

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Feeling healthy and working out are two major ways to combat stress and anxiety while you’re at school, especially towards the end of the semester during finals season! Luckily, Hofstra’s Fitness Center offers classes you can take to get a well-rounded work out regimen in and finish out the semester like a superstar.

Photo by Cyril Saulnier on Unsplash

1. Zumba

Zumba is an awesome workout if you want to get your heart rate up and get your groove on. This class is a great cardio workout since the instructor keeps you dancing for 45 minutes straight! If you are a night owl, the fitness center offers glow in the dark Zumba later in the evening on Mondays. 

2.  Cycle

Always wanted to try Soul Cycle but never had the cash to do so? Here’s your free ticket to join in on the spin class madness! This class is fun and challenging, but definitely great for beginner spinners. Another awesome cardio class!

3. HIIT & Toning 

Calling all intense gym goers, this class means business! HIIT stands for high-intensity interval training, and oh my goodness, it is as crazy as it sounds. This class is amazing for toning your entire body while pushing your stamina to the limit with lots of cardio. You will leave this class covered in sweat, shaking, and proud that you just completed the entire hour workout!

4. Butts & Guts

This class follows immediately after the HIIT & Toning class, for those who want to target their abs and lower body after getting a full body workout in. It’s great for leaning out your muscles and really toning in these targeted areas.

5. Slow Flow Yoga

Balance is key. After a week of pushing yourself, slow things down with some yoga! This class is meant to stretch out your muscles while combating stress and any tension you are holding in your mind, body, and soul.

Photo by Ricardo Estefânio on Unsplash

If you try out all of these classes together, you will definitely see some improvement in your health. Even if you only pick two or three classes a week to add to your schedule, taking care of yourself always pays off in the end. Find Hofstra’s schedule for class times and instructors here!

Gia Tims

Hofstra '20

Gia is a double major in journalism and Italian at Hofstra University. She is obsessed with yoga, pugs, Friends and Target runs. Gia loves writing and hopes to live in NYC one day to fulfill her dream of becoming a journalist! Follow her on Instagram and Twitter @giatims