Wellness

How to Become a Pilates Princess: 3 Routines You Can Do at Home 

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Let’s talk about how to become a Pilates Princess! I know a lot of us feel like there is never time to workout and that it will never get done with our busy college schedules. Let’s change this! Here are 3 different pilates routines you can try at home.

I have been super invested in working out in the mornings before I do anything school related, and it has changed my life. All you need is a yoga mat and to throw on some gym clothes and you’re all set. I have always had a love/hate relationship with working out until I discovered Lilly Sabri. Lily is an English Youtuber who strives to educate and empower thousands of people from around the world to live a healthier lifestyle that prompts body confidence. She guarantees killer results from her killer workouts. If you have never tried a Lilly Sabri workout, grab your computer and try one! 

1. DEFINE YOUR ABS with PILATES 🔥 Tight & Toned Abs | 5 min Workout

Every morning I start my day with doing this pilates ab workout routine. It may be only 5 minutes but when I tell you it’s killer, wow you will feel the burn immediately. I do this twice and my core is on FIRE in the end. I love this workout routine, the music is so chill and it truly is killer in every way possible.

1. TOP 10 SIDE BUTT EXERCISES for Hourglass Shape Hips | 10 min Workout

Although this workout is not labeled as a pilates workout it is still a great workout to start your day with. If you are looking to grow those side booty muscles, then this one’s for you sis! After doing the pilates ab workout 2x times, I take a one minute break before moving to this booty exercise. The combination of these two workouts is an absolute burn, but your abs and booty will 100% thank you in the end. The more you do it, the more the results will show which is so incredibly worth it. 

On pinterest there are multiple images that dive into an at home workout routine that caters to what you want to work on specifically when working out!

1. SCULPTING FULL BODY PILATES WORKOUT 🔥 Body Fat Burn & Tone | 15 min

This one I have yet to try but I already know that it is KILLER. In my opinion Ms. Lilly never misses. Often in her videos she says to couple her ab exercises with fat burn workouts. With that being said, I suggest you try the first workout listed and then this one after! 

There are also so many girls/women out there that have made full youtube and TikTok videos reviewing Lilly Sabri’s workout videos. Def worth checking out, if you need a little push to get started.

Don’t be stressed about working out ladies! Try one of these Lilly Sabri workouts in your room and see how you feel. You never know what could happen, you might become obsessed with them and do one or two everyday like I do :)

XO Luiza

Luiza Sperling

Fairfield '24

Luiza Sperling is a content writer for Her Campus’s Fairfield University chapter. She contributed by pitching new article ideas for mental health, reading, and fitness. She also includes recommendations for the Fairfield area. She is a Senior at Fairfield University majoring in English with a concentration in creative writing with minors in Judaic Studies and Editing and publishing. This summer, Luiza studied abroad in Greece for four weeks, taking a travel writing course focusing on writing from a traveler’s perspective, not in a touristic way. She wrote about her experiences with food, entertainment, and culture in the various cities she visited in Greece. In addition to writing, Luiza enjoys reading romance novels, watching movies, going for walks, and spending time with friends and family. You will learn more about Luiza as she writes about what she loves: books, mental health, and pop culture. She is obsessed with music, specifically Brazilian- Funk and rom-com movies.