This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

Working out can be draining, especially if you have a long walk to and from the gym, or have to fork out a huge amount for a membership. Sometimes a quick and simple workout from home is the way to go. Here are some tips to help you have the best possible workout you can right from the comfort of your own home!

1. Use tins instead of weights
  • Most people don’t have weights lying around at home, so a cheap and easy alternative is to use tin cans – beans, soup, tinned tomatoes! The best part about this is that you’ll probably already have some in your cupboard.
  1. Follow YouTube videos/Apps
  • YouTube has so many workout videos and tutorials including Yoga, LBT, Pilates and HIIT. The benefits of following a YouTube workout means you can pause, rewind and adapt your workout to suit you perfectly! Also, there are so many great exercise apps than you can download for free and follow.
  1. Gymwear
  • When you are working out at home it can be very tempting to stay in your pj’s and fluffy socks whilst exercising. However, having the right activewear can make or break a workout. Fitness clothing can be incredibly motivating and making the effort to get changed will greatly benefit your workout!
  1. Invest in sports equipment
  • Having a Yoga mat or thick blanket is almost essential to ensure that your spine and joints are comfortable when exercising. You can buy these for relatively cheaply in Primark or Sports Direct. Another piece of equipment worth investing in is an exercise ball as these can be incredibly beneficial for your core.
  1. Good Spotify playlist
  • One of the most important things is to have a motivating and upbeat playlist that you can sing along to. Create a playlist in advance, press shuffle and you’ll be all set!