Child’s Pose Your Way to Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

I’ve always been a fan of finding deals at workout studios, especially when it comes to a good, hot yoga class. Highland Yoga has two convenient locations and an introductory deal: an unlimited month of yoga for $30! When I found out about this deal, I had to go test out the studio. 

I decided to go to the Heated Vinyasa class at the Virginia Highlands location, which is the closest one to campus. Highland Yoga really makes it easy for you to come take a class. If you’re living on campus, having a yoga mat really takes up prime real estate in your small dorm room, and ubering with a yoga mat can be a real pain too. The great thing about Highland Yoga is that you don’t have to have your own yoga mat, and they don’t make you pay to rent one. You don’t even have to bring a towel to place on the mat either — they provide that free of charge too! The only thing you should bring is a water bottle, because you’ll definitely be sweating and will need to hydrate yourself. 

The classes are all heated to a nice, toasty temperature of 93 degrees. This makes it a great way to get your sweat on, without you feeling exhausted like after a run or gym session. Going to a class may be kind of scary, but the Heated Vinyasa class is great for all levels. For every pose, instructors give modifications that you can do if something is too hard or too easy. 

Highland Yoga makes it so easy to book classes and pay for them too. They have a convenient app that you can download to your phone. The app has every day’s schedule and lets you sign up for (and cancel) classes right from your phone. You can even enter and save your credit card information in the app so you don’t have to bring your wallet to the studio. Seriously, nothing is stopping you from getting your spring break body now! Just sign up for a class, put on some yoga gear, and head over. Namaste!

Currently a sophomore at Emory University studying Art History. You can follow her on her Instagram @anyashik.
Her Campus at Emory University