A Thank You to my Crossfit Family

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ECU chapter.

Go to Crossfit they said… It’ll be good for you they said… Well, for once they were right.

I never thought Crossfit would be such an amazing change in my life, and I was so hesitant about going to my first class. I have only been doing Crossfit for a year and I already find myself not being able to live without it. Going to workout can sometimes be the highlight of my day and the only thing that keeps my stress levels down. During my short time training in the gym, I have learned so much not only about fitness and weight lifting, but also about myself.

So thank you, Crossfit Greenville, for always being there for me when I needed to get away from everything that makes college stressful.

Thank you, Crossfit, for not judging me (too harshly) when I show up 1 or 2 or 10 minutes late to class.

Thank you, Crossfit, for not punishing me for being late with too many burpees…

Thank you, Crossfit, for motivating me even when I am the last one in after running.

Thank you, Crossfit, for always making me laugh with random conversations about chapstick and Game of Thrones.

Thank you, Crossfit, for naming every workout something clever, which also makes me laugh.

Thank you, Crossfit, for providing me with an escape so I don’t yell at my roommate…again.

Thank you to the awesome people I see on a daily basis at Crossfit Greenville who push me to better myself, and remind me that I’m not alone.

But most importantly thank you for giving me confidence. Everyday I leave the gym I walk out feeling better about myself and what I accomplished. I have never been able to fully feel confident in my skin and Crossfit brings me closer and closer to that every day.

Born and raised in Fayetteville, NC, but Ocean Isle Beach is closer to my heart. I'm an East Carolina University sophomore and a passionate English and Creative writing major.