This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brooklyn chapter.

We’re in the middle of a pandemic, doing almost everything from home (isn’t technology

amazing!) and still getting adjusted to the new normal. For the most part, our regular day-to-day

routines have drastically changed. Many places have a capacity limit, and some are even closed,

including the gyms. Although some gyms are open, people are still reluctant to

go. If you fall in that category, I’m going to share four tips on how to stay fit at home!

Set Goals

Setting clear goals is essential if you want to hold yourself accountable. Your goals should be attainable within a realistic time frame. Writing down your goals and hanging them in the most visible spot will act as a constant motivator and reminder to keep chasing your goals!

HIIT Workout

If the gyms are closed or you’re reluctant to go to the gym, then HIIT workouts may be perfect for you. HIIT stands for High Intensity Interval Training and burns fat while toning your body simultaneously. The best part is that it requires minimal to no equipment and you can do it at home within 15-30min as it consists of a 30 second rest period between each workout. Just grab a spot and get moving!

Probiotics

Probiotics are healthy bacteria that help fight off the bad bacteria found in our digestive system. Probiotics boost the immune system, results in clear skin, improved digestion reduces depression, and helps lose weight! Including probiotics in your diet is a great way to stay on top of your health regime. Probiotics come in gummy vitamin form, can be found in yogurts, and teas, so don’t worry about the taste!

Antioxidants

Antioxidants are super beneficial to one’s health because they reduce heart disease, certain types of cancer and can be found in fruits such as grapes, raspberries, strawberries, and blueberries and in dark green vegetables like kale, spinach, and broccoli. Beans including lentils, black beans, and black-eyed peas also contain antioxidants. If you feel like giving in to that bag of chips that has been staring at you for way too long, just grab a bowl of berries and pair it with some nuts to keep you satisfied!

Disclaimer: Nishat Bhuiyan and HC Brooklyn are not affiliated with the links above.

Hi! My name is Nishat Bhuiyan and I’m currently a junior in Brooklyn College majoring in Human Resource Management. I like maintaining a fit lifestyle, visiting historical places and trying out new restaurants. To me HerCampus is a platform where college women across the country can share their experiences and interact with their respective campus members. It’s like a virtual communtiy of strong and powerful women talking about everything and anything, I mean how much better can it get?