This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bristol chapter.

We’re at that point of term where things pick up, and it’s hard. 

Deadlines are starting to catch up to us, we fall behind on reading, results are coming back from TB1 and the anxiety starts to filter in. 

Sometimes things get overwhelming for no reason – I’ve had way too many moments where I just burst into tears over something silly, just because the stress gets to me. 

It’s hard to remember that things will be okay. Sure, we know they will in the back of our heads, but it’s never really helpful, is it? 

As students, it can be even harder to remember why we’re even studying. Is that fancy grad scheme job really going to be worth it? And why on earth am I doing this specific course? Do I want to spend my youth reading through complicated textbooks and trying to analyse some old book from the 1960s? 

But think of it this way: the days are getting longer. Soon, it’ll be sunny and warm all day long. Time is still trucking along. Soon, it’ll be the weekend, and you can rest. And no matter how rough things seem to be now, you’ll get through it. 

Maybe you’re reading this because you realised you needed to stop and breathe. If that’s the case, I hope this little five minute rest break helped remind you that you can do it – I believe in you!

We’re at that point of term where things pick up, and it’s hard. No one’s denying it’s hard, but you’re doing it anyway – and that’s rad as hell!

So next time this happens, just remember: stop, and breathe. :) 

Current Politics and Philosophy undergrad    Former Lifestyle editor // Current Social Media manager 
Zoe Thompson

Bristol '18

President of Her Campus Bristol.