kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How To: Look Cute At The Gym

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

I know, you are probably thinking that it is not possible to look remotely cute while running on the treadmill or lifting weights. However, it is! It seems like when you’re at the gym you always seem to see everyone, from the creepy guy from a party to an ex-boyfriend to a TA from class. You want to look your best, I understand, so follow these tricks to be prepared for any random bump in. Plus, your super cute look will motivate you even more to work harder!

Makeup: I know, they say to never wear makeup to the gym. But who actually wants to go to the gym barefaced when you never know whom you will see? I say a little bit of concealer and a lip stain will keep you fresh and give you that “no makeup” look. When your pores open to release sweat, oils can get trapped in the pores causing a breakout. So this is why it is important that you do not have a concealer with oil in it, I recommend using a concealer with salicylic acid in it, like Neutrogena Skin Clearning Blemish Concealer. That way although your blemishes will be concealed, the concealer will still fight the breakout during exercise. Place this on blemishes and dark spots, and you are good! For the finishing touch, use a lip stain like Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey. This will keep your lips pink throughout your entire workout, which will brighten up your face.

Outfit: Feeling comfortable and stylish are two important things that should go into any workout outfit. For the past year or so, neons have been popular in workout apparel. Buy some comfy black yoga pants and pair it with a bright top to help you feel energized. The pants will slim your bottom half while the lively top will draw attention to your lean torso. And don’t forget your sneakers, the look of neon sneakers will make your outfit pop. For outfit inspiration, check out my previous blog post on cute workout gear.

Scrunchies: Treat yourself to some bright fun 90’s style scrunchies and throw your hair up in a high pony. The high pony is so sleek and the colored scrunchie will have a nice contrast with your hair color.

Confidence: Nothing is cuter than being confident with you who are. Working out should give you tons of endorphins that will make you feel amazing. Give credit to your body after a tough workout and be grateful for the improvements you make. If you rock what you have, people will be drawn to your energy and it will not matter what you look like!

Caitlin is from Long Island, New York and is a sophomore. She is majoring in Psychology and minoring in Health and Wellness Studies at Binghamton University. Caitlin loves make-up and gets her inspiration from Allure and Glamour magazine. She loves living a healthy lifestyle and contributes her passion for health to her mother. She is excited to be apart of the Her Campus team.