neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Finals are drawing dangerously close, and it’s time to start the never-ending grind of papers, presentations, and study time. But as your stress levels reach an all-time high and your brain feels like it’s about to explode, don’t forget to take care of yourself! Proper self-care is essential, especially as the weather gets colder, your skin dries out, and everyone around you seems to be getting sick. Here are some great ways to de-stress before finals and keep yourself healthy and (relatively) sane:

Face masks!

Sit back and relax with a moisturizing face mask on. Better yet, do it with friends and use the time for some bonding!

Take a nap:

There’s a lot of research to back up the notion that a 10-20 minute nap is the ideal amount of sleep time to rejuvenate you. Taking breaks when doing work is key to making the work high quality, and looking at your phone doesn’t count as taking a break! Put all screens away, shut your eyes, and just relax for fifteen minutes.

Go for a walk around campus:

An alternative way to take a break if you aren’t tired is going for a walk. I especially enjoy going for a walk late at night when the campus is dark and peaceful! 

Go to the gym, do some yoga, or meditate:

With a healthier body, you will have a healthier mind! Take some time to exercise or just focus on your breathing. Either way, you will feel much more relaxed and prepared to study.

Take a shower (or a bath if you live on North Campus):

This needs no explanation; hot showers are just amazing!

Final tip: drink some wine (if you’re over 21 of course!)

Images: 1 / 2 / 3 

I am a senior at Bentley University with a major in marketing. I plan to go to law school after finishing my undergrad.
Allison Weed

Bentley '20

Allison Weed is a senior at Bentley University. She is majoring in Marketing with minors in Information Design and Corporate Communication, and International Affairs. She is the President and Campus Correspondent of the Bentley University Her Campus Chapter.