This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

With syllabus week over and college really getting into the full swing of things, our friend stress is upon us. Whether that stress be from school, work, or your personal life, here are some good ways to deal with it healthily!

1. Exercise

I know, I know. That is easier said than done, but have you actually tried it? It doesn’t have to be vigorous; a nice walk on the treadmill or some cycling should do. Releasing endorphins is proven to help relieve stress. Going with a friend always helps!  

2. Keeping a journal

Although this may sound tedious, it actually can be fun! Get yourself a cute journal and write about whatever you want. Just putting the pen to paper really helps with stress and seeing where your mind is at.  

3. Disconnect

Yes, power off your phone. These small, yet powerful devices have so much power over our lives. Take a few hours and turn off your phone and disconnect from the world for a bit. Actually socialize with people face to face, not just through a screen. You will be surprised how much this helps, especially if you are the type of person to get a lot of notifications a day.

4. Meditate

Meditation is not for everyone, but it could work for you! It is super easy and all it requires is some focus and breathing. Take some time out of your busy everyday life and have some mindful thoughts and breathing while focusing what is important in life and what you are grateful for.

5. Talk to someone

You’ve probably heard this many times before, but honestly it really does help. Just talking out loud helps get things off your chest. Maybe that person will tell you that there is nothing to be stressed about. A friend, roommate, parent, counselor, literally anyone that is willing to listen to you speak. Don’t be embarrassed!

Images: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5

Melissa is President and Campus Correspondent of Her Campus at Bentley University.  She is a senior majoring in Marketing and minoring in Spanish and Psychology.  Melissa studied abroad in Sevilla, Spain!  In her free time, she loves to read, write, play tennis, volunteer, and spend time with family and friends.  You'll usually find her exploring new places and restaurants and then writing articles about them!       
Allison Weed

Bentley '20

Allison Weed is a senior at Bentley University. She is majoring in Marketing with minors in Information Design and Corporate Communication, and International Affairs. She is the President and Campus Correspondent of the Bentley University Her Campus Chapter.