This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

This past year has been a rollercoaster in different ways for everyone. For me, stress levels have been through the roof because of everything going on in the world – trying to stay safe and healthy while also striving to excel in my classes and my involvements on campus. What has helped my mental health is dedicating two hours to an activity that I love, which is staying active. Those two hours in my day are crucial because it gives me quality time to myself, building on my physical well-being and strengthening my mental capability to exceed my expectations during a challenging workout. 

Given our current quarantine at Bentley University, I came up with four dorm-friendly workouts combined with strength training, cardio, and burnout sets. I also included notes at the end for more information. Let’s get those endorphins flowing and get started!

Full Body HIIT Workout 

3x: 0:30 each move 

Squat jumps 

Push-ups 

Lateral hops 

Knee banded glute bridges 

Banded Squat 

High knees drop jump

Full Body Ladder

Burpees (10reps) 

Push-ups  (10 burpees + 25 push-ups) 

Weight reverse lunges (10 burpees + 25 push ups + 50 lunges) 

Butterfly sit ups (10 burpees + 25 push ups + 50 lunges + 100 sit ups) 

Body weight squats (10 burpees + 25 push ups + 50 lunges + 100 sit ups + 150 squats) 

Upper Body Dumbbell Work at Home 

Shoulder press 4 x 10

Floor flys 4 x 12

Single-arm snatch 3 x 15

Around the worlds 4 x 10

Push-ups 4 x 10

Svend press 4 x 8

Lateral raise 3 x failure 

Leg Day with Cardio 

Pistol squat 3 x 8 

Jump squats 4 x 10

Dumbbell Bulgarian split squats 4 x 8

Elevated Bulgarian jump lunge 4 x 8

Sumo squat x RDL 3 x 12

Step-ups 2 x 10

Glute bridges 4 x 20

Notes: 

Do not worry if you do not have dumbbells in your room. A great substitute can be, for instance, water bottles, books, cans of food, and so on – adjust the number of reps to how light or heavy the equipment you have is. For moves that require elevation, for instance, pistol squats, step-ups, or Bulgarian split squats, I use a couch or chair to assist me with those moves. For the ladder, make sure you repeat each move from the previous move you have done until you get to the end. Good luck, and I hope you enjoy these workouts!

Hello! My name is Marissa, and I am a senior at Bentley, pursuing a degree in Marketing and a minor in Information Design and Corporate Communication. I am also on the swim team, swimming sprint free. I love writing personal experience articles and reviews on stores and products.
Melissa is President and Campus Correspondent of Her Campus at Bentley University.  She is a senior majoring in Marketing and minoring in Spanish and Psychology.  Melissa studied abroad in Sevilla, Spain!  In her free time, she loves to read, write, play tennis, volunteer, and spend time with family and friends.  You'll usually find her exploring new places and restaurants and then writing articles about them!