5 Fitness Instagram Accounts You Need to Follow

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Babson chapter.

1. Whitney Simmons @whitneyysimmons 

The 34 year old constantly posts videos on her Instagram that show her workout routines. She gives orientation about the exercises – how many repetitions should be made, and also clarifies which part of the body you will be focusing on. She not only has 1 million followers on Insta, but also represents the Gym Shark brand and has 760 thousand subscribers on YouTube – so you can also watch her videos there. I have already worked out according to her videos and I recommend them.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEQi1ZNJiw3YMRwni0OLsTQ

2. Kayla Itsines @kayla_itsines

Kayla is another powerful woman. She is an Australian personal trainer, author and entrepreneur. Her posts include before and after pictures and routine exercises.  She also writes about healthy eating and lifestyle guidebooks. If you are not satisfied yet, she owns a personal trainer app – Sweat – that not only gives access to exclusive training sections, but also dietary plans. The app is available for iPhones and you can test it out with their one-week free trial.

3. Mackenzie Forbes @kenziefitness_

​Mackenzie struggled with an eating disorder for years, and is now living a healthy lifestyle. She posts her daily routines on her account and also shares moments of vulnerability and strength with her followers. If you go to her website, you can even choose between a 8-week in-gym or in-home training programs.Yes, you read it right. You can do the training at home. The best part of all, she is constantly reminding us of how losing weight is not a synonym for getting fit. She has been an inspiration for many. 

4. Meggan Grubb @meggan_fit_music

Another Gym Shark athlete, Meggan constantly shares her passion with her followers on social media. She studied to become a personal trainer so that she could help others achieve their dream bodies. As she passed, she began to offer her services and was found by the fitness community, gaining massive amounts of followers – 610 thousand as of today. She also offers two 8-week training systems, one for booty and legs (I need it!) and the other for upper body and abs through her website.

PS.: She is also a vlogger and musician.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkW2RaALQYHHDcUVVpnm8_A

5. Nikki Blackketter  @nikkiblackketter

Nikki is a model and fitness guru who also has a YouTube channel. On both accounts, she posts advices about modeling and working out. She is also another Gym Shark athlete – I promise Gym Shark is not sponsoring us. However, different from the other four women, she does not post routines very often on her Insta, only on her YouTube channel. But when she does, they are not like the common ones – see pumpkin workout. Nikki also offers working out programs and apparel on her website.

YoutTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/nikkiblackketter

???? Founder of Her Campus Babson. Lover of stories. Over drinker of coffee. College student interested in the intersection of business, tech, and creativity.