This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Akron chapter.

If you’re like me, COVID-19 has put a bit of a cramp in your fitness style. Afterall, it’s much easier to get in a good workout when you’re at an equipment-filled gym rather than your living room. Besides the lack of equipment, it can be hard to push yourself when your bed is less than 100 feet away. Nevertheless, staying in shape has a lot of benefits. During this strange time, daily workouts have helped me relieve stress and prevent insomnia. If you would like to stay/get in shape while staying at home, try out this full body workout. No equipment required!

Girl doing push up
Pixabay

I always start with a warmup. This gets your blood circulating and loosens your joints. I like to do cardio for this as it wakes me up and gets my heart rate going a little faster. Each warmup exercise should be done 20 seconds before moving onto the next one and repeated 3 times.   

Warmup

20  second intervals

Jumping Jacks

High Knees

Mountain climbers

X3

Throughout the entire workouts, take as many breaks as needed. Will it burn more calories to keep going and going, of course, but the goal is to finish the workout. Without proper breaks you’ll tire out quickly. Focus on the exercise you are doing, watch your form, and use mind muscle connection in each rep. Links for Youtube  tutorials on proper form are provided for each exercise. Get ready to get sweaty!

Photo by Elly Fairytale from Pexels

Round #1

20 Glute bridges 

10 Push up snaps

15 Leg drops

X3

Round #2

20 Lunges with Torso Twist

10 Squat Jumps

20 Plank Taps

X3

Round #3

20 Oblique Twist squats

15 Floor Tricep Dips

30 Bicycle crunches

X3

Round #4

20 Curtsy Lunges

10 Reverse Plank with Toe Touches

15 Squat Taps 

X3  

Each set of workouts works arms, abs, and legs. I try to use moves that hit two in one as well as moves that isolate certain muscles. When you are finished make sure to stretch and rehydrate. If you already workout, add this to your regular routine. If you’re looking to get into shape, try doing this every other day. If it isn’t for you, try something else, but remember that it’s important to get moving!

Madeline Myers is a 2020 graduate of the University of Akron. She has a B.A. English with a minor in Creative Writing. At Her Campus, Madeline enjoys writing movie and TV reviews. Her personal essay “Living Room Saloon” is published in the 2019 issue of The Ashbelt. Madeline grew up in Zanesville, Ohio. She loves quoting comedians, reading James Baldwin, and sipping on grape soda. She fears a future run by robots but looks forward to the day when her stories are read by those outside of her immediate family.