Today is all about satisfying your cravings. Yeeeep. The catch? Healthy versions. I feel like I always write about food. You know why? BECAUSE IT’S SO GOOD. Actually, it is because I have absolutely no problem working out – I am one of those people who actually love working out. Eating, though? That is a toughy for me. I love good food, so finding things that are actually really healthy for me, satisfy whatever I’m craving, and are low calorie? I’m all about that. I know many of you can relate! Whether it’s the sweet tooth you are trying to satisfy, or the late night craving (after a night out and a few drinks), or crazy study session, here are some recipes that are actually really healthy for you & satisfy!
- 1 cup of Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- ½ Banana (frozen works best)
- Splash of vanilla
- Stevia to taste (I use 3 packets of Truvia or Stevia In The Raw)
- 1/8 teaspoon (dash) of salt
- ½ teaspoon xanthum gum (not necessary – is a thickening agent)
In a bowl, mix almond milk, vanilla, salt, and stevia. Pour mixture into ice cube trays, and let freeze for at least 3 hours. If you don’t already have a frozen banana, this is a good time to pop half a (peeled) banana in the freezer, too! Once ready to eat your icecream, put frozen almond milk cubes and banana in a blender. I use about an additional splash of almond milk to make it easier to blend, as well as the xanthum gum if I have any around. Blend until smooth! Top with sprinkles ;)
Each serving has about 90 calories, and makes about 1 and 1/2 cups of icecream. Ben and Jerry’s has up to 370 calories per half cup, to put into perspective.
Pancakes: check out this post!!
Chocolate Microwave Brownie:
- ¼ cup canned pumpkin or ½ mashed banana
- 2 egg whites
- 1 Tablespoon of cocoa powder
- 2-3 packets of stevia
- splash of vanilla (optional)
Mix all ingredients into a microwave safe bowl until one smooth consistency. Heat in microwave for about two minutes, until everything is fully cooked. Eat!
If made with pumpkin, this only has 50 calories per serving, if made with ½ banana, it has about 80 calories.
Makes two servings:
- 6 mini low carb tortillas from (La tortilla factory)
- 1.5 cups light shredded mozzarella cheese (Trader Joes)
- 1.5 cups marinara sauce (look out for sugar content- I use Classico 45 cal each)
- Chopped fresh basil (optional)
Layer two tortillas on bottom of baking pan, layer with .5 cup each marinara sauce & cheese. Repeat layers. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes then broil on high for 1minute to crisp crust. Let sit for a minute & top with fresh basil. Each serving is about 300 calories & satisfy your pizza cravings.