This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

I am honestly the “Queen of Anxiety,” especially when school rolls around. I have a hard time dealing with my anxiety when there is so much pressure to get good grades, attend every class, do extracurriculars and also have a social life. Therefore, I am always looking for solutions to my constant anxiety and I have definitely found some that help!

Here are 5 natural ways to cope with anxiety:

Eat Healthy

If you have anxiety, it could be linked with your diet. Eating unhealthy foods can put stress on your body, which in turn causes you stress. Make sure to have a well-rounded diet and stay away from processed foods. Your body will thank you!

Photo by Jannis Brandt

Essential Oils

Making time for relaxation is crucial to conquering anxiety. Get an oil diffuser and put some calming lavender oil inside, close your eyes and focus on deep breathing. Calm your mind and stay in the moment. If you are on the go, put some lavender oil on yourself so it can help calm you down.

Photo by Tiara Leitzman

Create A Morning Routine

Creating your own unique morning routine sets your day off right. Whether that be with yoga and meditation, reading a book or even just allowing yourself time so you can relax and not rush in the morning can really help.

Photo by Le Ming Phuong

Get Adrenal Herbs

If you have anxiety, it means your adrenals are not working properly. Taking adrenal herbs have been essential in helping me heal my adrenals and cope with everyday stressors. Two powerful adrenal herbs are Ashwagandha and Siberian Ginseng. You can order them from Amazon and they are fairly inexpensive.

Photo by Fabian Moller

So there is some advice to help you deal with your anxiety. I know it can be difficult but trust me, it can always get better. If you need to, don’t be afraid to go to your doctor for solutions as well. This article was just some natural options but going to a doctor or therapist can also be a really healthy thing to add to your self-care routine.

A perpetually lost writer who is just trying to make sense of it all. Never ask me for directions. 
Sam is a Cinema & Media Studies student at York University. She is passionate about LGBTQ+ issues, mental health, and intersectional feminism. She loves dogs and grilled cheese and knows way too much about pop culture.