This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

Finals week is quickly approaching and with it comes the stress of your last chance to try to bring up your grade. With all the studying and catching up on homework and everything, it can be hard to focus on your health. Here are some tips on how to stay healthy during finals week.

1. Meal prep

Prepping your meals the Sunday before finals week can help you save time during the week because you won’t have to cook. It can also help you make healthy eating choices because now the healthy option will also be the quickest and easiest option. Meal prepping also helps with portion control which can help you avoid overeating or binge eating. Meal prepping study snacks like nuts or fruit is another way to stay healthy during finals week.

2. Don’t buy junk food

Keeping the unhealthy stuff out of your place will help you avoid stress eating and binging. It will also save you money! Eating healthier can also help reduce stress levels and anything that helps with stress relief is crucial during the next few weeks. Remember, if you don’t buy it, you won’t eat it!

3.  Exercise between study sessions

Having exercise equipment at your place like dumbbells or resistance bands can be all you need to work out at home. Exercise reduces stress levels and alleviates your mood so you’ll be happier and healthier! Some people experience a “high” and increased energy levels from exercise so you’ll be ready to hit the books afterwards and won’t feel as much of a need to nap.

4. HYDRATE

Staying hydrated is key to keeping your body healthy and your mind focused. It will improve the blood and oxygen flow to your brain which strengthens cognitive function and memory so staying hydrated while you’re studying will help you remember your notes! Proper hydration also keeps the joints lubricated so you can keep the carpel tunnel away even after typing a 10 page paper.

Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"