harits mustya pratama g4iBHZM sKY unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
harits mustya pratama g4iBHZM sKY unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

If you’re anything like me, you suffer from anxiety – the brief panic you feel in your chest during stressful (or even normal) moments, and the constant feeling of having a frog in your throat. 

It’s debilitating and can make life feel miserable. Unfortunately, with anxiety there’s no one easy fix – however, talking to someone can help! I encourage you to do so if you feel like anxiety is controlling your life.

A small fix for me has been different kinds of tea. As someone who used to be a frequent coffee drinker, I was sad when I had to quit drinking it due to the way it was making my anxiety spike.

Luckily, today there are plenty of teas on the market that are caffeine-free and give you that warm fuzzy feeling inside (while not breaking the bank). Here are a few of my favourites!

PC Rooibos Herbal Tea 

Naturally caffeine-free, rooibos tea is a rich, yet still decently sweet tea that smells amazing! I usually pick up this one from Zehrs, however any brand of rooibos will do. Loose-leaf is the best, but the pre-bagged brands will do the trick as well.

Tetley Bellini Herbal Tea

Since I’m a big fan of the peach green iced tea at Starbucks, I was so excited when I found this tea. While good warm, this tea really shines when served cold (especially with a little bit of lemonade and ice)! Plus, you’ll save some of the money that you would have spent on Starbucks.

No Name Camomile Herbal Tea

A classic, camomile tea is known for its relaxing properties. While it wasn’t always one of my favourites, camomile tea has grown on me. Pair this tea with a nice piece of toast and a candle, evening plans sorted.

President’s Choice Mulled Apple Herbal Tea

Lastly, mulled apple tea is a great option if you’re someone who also enjoys apple cider. While it’s the winter semester, this kind of tea is still fitting even if it isn’t as seasonally appropriate! One of my favourite things to do with this tea is to put a cinnamon stick in with it to enhance the flavour even further. Plus, cinnamon has lots of antioxidants and lowers blood sugar levels.

I hope this list has convinced you to try one of these teas to help relieve stress, and maybe to skip spending money on Starbucks from time to time to save some money as well! The winter semester is crazy, so just remember to breathe and take time for yourself.

Bronte Behling

Wilfrid Laurier '23

A second year Cultural Studies and Film Studies double major student at Wilfrid Laurier University, Bronte has had a passion for creative writing since middle school where she took an online summer course about J.R.R Tolkien's the Silmarillion. A cat lover, Star Wars fan and podcast enthusiast she aims to gain more writing experience through this publication in order to pursue her post-degree goal of becoming a journalist.
Rebecca is in her 5th year at Wilfrid Laurier University.  During the school year, she can be found drinking copious amounts of kombucha, watching hockey and procrastinating on Pinterest. She joined HCWLU as an editor in the Winter 2018 semester, and after serving as one of the Campus Correspondents in 2019-20, she is excited to be returning for the 2020-21 school year! she/her