stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

4 Perfect Partner Workouts To Try With Your Best Friend, Because Why Work Out Alone?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

After a while, going to the gym can get boring, and a little lonely. We all know doing the same routine every time can get old really quick. Here’s some fun and easy exercises you can do with a friend to change it up!

1. Medicine Ball Twists

Stand (or sit) back to back with your partner, with your feet roughly shoulder width apart. Partner 1 should start by holding the medicine ball in front of her abs. Turn to the right and pass the ball to partner 2, as she turns to your left. Then, as partner 2 turns to the right, rotate to your left and take the ball again. Keep this going for 30 seconds; then switch directions and start again! This is great for your obliques, and if you move fast enough, it really gets your heart rate up! 

2. Push-Up with Shoulder Tap

Facing your partner, perform a push-up in unison. After pushing back up, lift your right hand and tap your partner’s left shoulder (as your partner does the same to you). Rotate what hand you use each time. Do 8-12 reps. Modified push-ups work well too if you find the exercise too challenging as is!

3. Plank Hold and Jump

Partner 1 should be in standard forearm plank position. Partner 2 then jumps laterally over partner 1’s ankles (to the right), lands on toes, and quickly jumps back (to the left). Keep this going for 30 seconds and then switch positions! 

4. Walk/Jog through Reynolda Trails

With the weather finally warming up, it’s always nice to ditch the stuffy gym and get some fresh air. Enlist a friend and go for a quick jog/walk through Reynolda trails. It’s a great way to get some sun, catch up on the latest gossip, and get your cardio in!

Header image: Gigi Hadid / Instagram / Bella Hadid / Instagram

Hi Demon Deacons! I'm Caroline and I'm a freshman here at Wake Forest. This year i'll be writing for "Haute and Healthy" and Campus Cutie! 
Wake Forest Chapter of Her Campus