This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWG chapter.

New Year’s resolutions are set! And of course, spring break is fast approaching so you have to get your beach body ready in just a few short months. Whatever it is that brings you here you are getting ready for it.  You have all your cute gym gear ready and you have set out time in your schedule to go to the gym. It’s all done, but you have absolutely no idea where to start…

Here for you ladies, are a few workouts for your arms, legs and abs to get you started! Good luck!

ARMS

Toned arms are on the body list for 2018 and here are some great exercises to help accomplish just that.

Standing Overhead Dumbbell Press 

30 Reps

Dumbbell Lateral Raise/Power Partials 

30 Reps 

These stances work for both toning and shaping your arms. It is an exercise you can take on at the gym or in your home. All you need is yourself and a recommended 5 to 10 lbs weights to start! You might be a little sore after the first set and if there is pain maybe try out a lighter weight. After working out like this for a few days, your workouts should go much smoother! Stretch after to reduce soreness.

LEGS

We all know the exercises that promise sexy legs in three days, but what we may not realize is that it’s perfectly fine to keep it simple with these two easy leg workouts!

20 Lunges 

40 Squats 

Here are your leg workouts to try! I find lunges to be great for firming up the legs, building balance and the best way into stretching. You can literally feel your whole leg being stretched out when you do lunges. Of course, I had to add some squats to this workout because not only do they build that booty, but it helps strengthen your calf muscles.

TORSO/ LOWER BODY/ ABS

When working your abs, you have a lot of options as to how you want to exercise them. Here are a few neat and certainly doable exercises to try out!

Around the Worlds 

3 sets 45 sec

Dumbbell Skier Swing 

3 sets 45 sec

Okay ladies, so now you have some ab workouts to start with on your gym journey. They are pretty simple and only require some 5 to 10 lbs weights (more if you prefer). Like some of the previous exercises, you can do these in your home or at the gym. Try to stretch out a little before and after these exercises to reduce soreness in the morning!

I hope you like these exercises! Remember to stretch before working out and after, be careful around gym equipment, but most importantly have fun while doing it! Go with friends or listen to your “get hype” playlist. If you have questions about what you should do or don’t do ask a gym employee or refer to this website for more information into health and safety! Always feel free to leave a comment if you gave these workouts a try…I would love to hear from you guys! Good luck on your fitness  journey!

Currently a slightly stressed yet optimistic sophomore at the University of West Georgia. I'm a nursing major who believes in achieving your healthiest life! I also am a fan for fashion, DIY projects, books/movies, and little words of wisdom. My goals in life are simple; live laughing, be wise, get through nursing school, and enjoy doing all of it!