stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

It’s A Mind Game: A Healthy You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

When it comes to losing weight, it’s easy to be lead on by social media. Articles about foods saying to eat this not that. How many times have we read eat this because it will burn more calories? I once was caught in the confusion and ended up starving my self.

When it comes to weight gain or weight loss, it is important to understand that the mind plays a big role.

Here I will address the importance of having a strong mind-set.

Your body can endure anything. It’s the mind you need to convince

Our bodies are working machines. They will naturally do what the mind tells them to. 

You won’t always feel motivated but being self-disciplined will always get you results.

Losing weight is one of the hardest things to do! It requires a lot of hard work and self-discipline. There will be days when you will not want to work out or eat a salad. If you lack discipline, you will come up with an excuse. However, if you are self-disciplined, it will be easier to turn off the negative switch.

It’s not just a diet, it’s a lifestyle.

Diets have a negative connotation. They also lead to under-eating and failure. When you decide to lose weight or tone your body you will have to make long-term changes to your life. Eating clean is a lifestyle. It fuels the body and mind. When you understand that eating healthy isn’t a diet but instead a way of life, eating healthy becomes easier and much more enjoyable.

Know your why!

This is the key to overcoming any difficulty in your life journey. Whatever you do in life, your “why” must be big enough. Whether it be to feel better, to be able to keep up with your kids (if you have any) or to live a healthy, long life. Ask your self why is this important. Then ask your self, “Why does this matter to me?” And then again, “why does it matter?” Try to go 3 levels deep with your why.

I had gained 10lbs and I had more body fat then I ever thought I would have. I began to have low energy and all in wanted to do was sleep. When I found my personal trainer, I realized that being healthy and feeling amazing were important to me. To challenge myself to see what my body is capable of is my why.

Don’t quit. Vision your why. Practice self-discipline everyday. Have a healthy relationship with food. Surround yourself with like minded people. Do it for you. Do to live a healthy long and happy life.

Transforming a new you 

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor