Bleed Red? Here is Your Complete List to Utah Homecoming

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

If you weren’t aware, its Homecoming week! Can I get a WOOT WOOT!? Homecoming week is one of our favorite times of year because it truly shows so much Utah pride and why we’re all so grateful to be UTES!

And do you know what that means? It means your Midterm week will not be as teary-eyed! Homecoming at the University of Utah, is an exciting week which includes fun events that will hopefully deter your mind from how bad you did on your math test or how you bombed your English paper. Inspired by this year’s “#UUThrowback” theme, Homecoming Week allows fun and interactive ways for students, alumni and other U fans to cheer on the U’s rich history and traditions.

If you want to release some steam and forget about the stress that comes along with midterms, head over to one of the Ute-pride events!

This week activities:

• SongFest

October 6th 6:00pm Union Ballroom

The energy on campus really starts to heat up in anticipation of the homecoming football game against Arizona, beginning with the annual Greek Songfest presentation of song-and-dance routines, judged for creativity and presentation

• Crimson Rally

October 6th 7:30pm at the Union Lawn

Come on down for free food hosted by several local restaurants. The Crimson Rally features a large pep rally, which is not only accompanied by free food, but by fun and entertainment as well! The pep rally will also feature Coach Whittingham and some of his players who will address the crowd while the Utah Marching Band pumps you up for a Homecoming beat down over Oregon State!

• Homecoming Golf Scramble

October 7th 9:00am at the Bonneville Golf Course

If hitting balls is your thing, then this event is for you! The Homecoming Golf scramble is fun tournament including contests, prizes and giveaways. Proceeds from the tournament help fund University of Utah student scholarships and the Huntsman Cancer Institute.

• Homecoming Scholarship 5k

October 8th 8:30am at Building 073

Do you want to get some cardio in and help a good cause? Then come on down and participate in this amazing race! This 5k is held annually in conjunction with Homecoming. Proceeds from the race go to student scholarships. And what’s better than donating to a good cause? And yes, helping out fellow broke college students is a great cause! To register click the link below:

https://www.raceentry.com/races/u5k-homecoming-scholarship-5k-and-kidsk/2016/register

• Pre-game Tailgate Party

October 8th 5:30pm at 550 S. Guardsman Way

You already know what will be in-store for this pre-game. Food, drinks & hot people, what more can you ask for? Admission for the tailgate include: $20 Alumni Association member and a guest; $25 nonmember adult; free for children under age 2.

• Utah vs. Arizona Football

October 8th 8:00pm at Rice-Eccles Stadium

Dreamy boys on the field and dreamy boys in the student section. How can anyone pass that up?

• Utah vs. Oregon Soccer

October 9th 2:00pm at the Ute Field

Not only does our soccer team win in looks but they also win in talent! Make sure to join the fun and witness our team’s great sportsmanship!

Hopefully these events look exciting enough for you to come on down! Visit alumni.utah.edu/homecoming for more information and event registration! 

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor