bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

You know those weeks where your stress levels are through the roof and all these annoying little things keep going wrong? Individually they are not enough to cry over, but when you add them all up, they can make you lose your mind. Well, it has been one of those weeks for me and it is, unfortunately, only Tuesday. While I am not proud to admit I have shed a few tears already this week, I have devised some ways to hopefully help me get through these next few days with some sanity.

First, I realized that while I may feel discouraged, it is a good time to channel those emotions into my productivity. As aforementioned, it is only Tuesday, and I am done with all of my homework for this week; I actually even started my CAPstone project that isn’t due until the end of April. My week may not be the best, but knowing that I can pretty much relax for the next few days before having to work this weekend is a nice feeling.

Second, find time amongst the chaos for yourself. I will admit that getting all of my academics completed early in the week has given me high hopes for a more relaxing end-of-week. The only thing I regret from all of that is not taking an hour to watch an episode of my latest favorite show or not allowing myself that nap I had been craving all day. Now it’s the end of the week and I am feeling severely run down and I’m getting sick. Maybe if I had given myself more thought at the beginning of the week I would have actually been able to enjoy myself this weekend. 

Courtesy of Pixabay

Third, vent to someone. Whether it be a family member, friend, or even a peer from class, it’s okay to vent about your stress. It may seem silly once you start saying everything out loud that is driving you crazy, but don’t let that stop you. Stress can build up and if sharing about it is something that often brings you relief, then go for it!

Fourth and finally, take care of your health physically as well as mentally. As aforementioned, not taking time to myself has negatively impacted my physical well-being at the end of the week. I should have stayed hydrated, I should have cut back on my caffeine, and if I had allowed myself that nap maybe I could have. I should have eaten better meals and eaten more frequently. Around three o’clock yesterday I had realized I hadn’t eaten all day nor had I had any water to drink. These are basic human needs that I was denying myself because of stress and I think it’s important to point it out.

Courtesy of Pixabay

We all have those weeks so please just take care of yourself and hope for a better week come next!

Hello:) I am a senior kinesiology major at the University of Rhode Island. I am rather involved around campus and usually have my head in a book. I like the color yellow because it's just such a happy color!