Get Up & Get Fit at Nike Training Club’s Summer Tour!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Summer time Chi, ahhh! Say hello to all the food and music fests, beach bum days, and endless summer nights with your best girlfriends. Now that the temps are finally at a summer approved level, despite Chicago’s crazy and unpredictable weather, it may be tough to maintain that summer body. No worries collegiettes! Nike has once again, come to the rescue!

This summer NTC or better known as, Nike Training Club, has created a Summer Tour where they will host free, yes I said FREE, summer workouts in some of Chicago’s diverse and finest neighborhoods!

One of the most recognizable and respected brands, Nike, developed a Summer Tour to have people get out and get moving, no matter what they’re training for, whether if it’s for the Bank of America Chicago Marathon or just for their own personal fitness goals.

Nike believes that if you have a body, you are an athlete. Regular NTC members are encouraged to attend these free workouts and of course invite a couple of their friends as well! Throughout the summer, amazing Nike Master Trainers such as Kate Hiipakka, Trista Greco, and Betina Gozo will be leading high intensity workouts in various Chicago neighborhoods. Throughout this journey the ladies participating (and we can’t forget about some of the awesome fellas) will be able to enjoy great workouts, win some amazing Nike swag, and of course reach their fitness goals!

So far this summer, NTC has invaded the South Loop neighborhood at the Great Lawn near Soldier Field, took over Logan Square with a classic R&B theme, and had an 80’s inspired workout with side pony tails and bright neon colors in Lincoln Park’s lovely neighborhood! NTC’s next stop after the 4th of July weekend will be in Pilsen for a Latin inspired, high intensity workout! During these workouts, participants are allowed to try on some of the latest Nike shoe products such as the Nike Free 1.0 Cross Bionics, which are great for training and Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 31, perfect for running. You do not want to miss these workouts collegiettes!

For more information about this fabulous and FREE summer tour, visit NTC Chicago! To RSVP for these awesome workouts be sure to visit this website! You do not want to miss out on this opportunity to workout with some of the best trainers in the city!! 

Nicole is a proud city girl born and raised in beautiful Chicago. She is currently a student at the University of Illinois at Chicago as a Business Marketing major and a part of the Women's Line Up Team at Nike Chicago. She loves everything to do with fitness & health, music, urban life, and sports! In her spare time she loves to run, ride her fixie along the lakefront, do yoga, and volunteer! She is a die hard Chicago Bulls fan with a huge sweet tooth. Nicole's dream is to have a career in marketing with a focus in brand management or advertisement and sales promotion.