Fitness With Finesse: The Official Parks and Recreation Workout Game

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Do you need to work out, but can’t seem to stop watching Parks and Recreation? Trust me, it happens to the best of us. Well, you can kiss this problem goodbye because I have found the ultimate solution. I have developed a game where you can watch Parks and Recreation and work out at the same time.

Here’s how it works:

Below is a list of common things said and done in Parks and Recreation followed by an exercise. Every time one of the items on the list happens, you do the exercise that follows it. That’s it! Just have this list in front of you on your next binge-watching session of Parks and Recreation and you’ll have a killer bod in no time, and without having to ruin your five-day watching streak. So, without further ado, here is…

The Official Parks and Recreation Workout Game

1. When someone looks straight into the camera – 10 crunches (but 15 if it’s April)

2. When Tom makes some sort of sexual reference – 20 toe raises

3. When everyone blames Jerry (I know this happens a lot, so I’ll keep it easy) – 15 jumping jacks

4. When Leslie talks about female empowerment – 10 push-ups

5. When the parks department is in trouble – 45 seconds of sprinting in place (to release the anger)

6. When Andy changes his band name – 20 side crunches (10 on each side)

7. When Ron talks about food – 15 burpees (but when it’s breakfast food, do 20)

8. When Ron talks about politics – 20 calf raises

9. When Leslie talks about Pawnee’s history – 15 squats

10. When the theme song is played – Hold a plank for the duration of it plus 30 seconds

11. When April is being sarcastic (again, a common occurrence) – 15 sit-ups

Bonus: When Ben and Leslie are just too cute – 10 wide-arm push-ups

With this workout you’ll be enjoying one of the best TV shows ever created and getting your fitness time in. Don’t forget to also checkout my Grey’s Anatomy workout game here. Enjoy your new favorite workout, collegiettes!

Photo credit: wired.com