rodion kutsaev 8P uQaTd8rw unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
rodion kutsaev 8P uQaTd8rw unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

We’re BACK this month, and we have something a little different for you…

As you may know, September is National Suicide Prevention Awareness Month. With as many as 1 out of 4 Americans suffering from depression and suicide being the tenth leading cause of death in the US, we wanted to take the time to address this crisis.

We brought together a panel of girls who have personal knowledge and experience with suicide and mental illness to open up this conversation. You’ll be hearing from Her Campus at UCF writers Grace Lanier, Amber Blatchford, and Alina Alvarez, who have been brave enough to share their thoughts and stories with you!

If you are struggling with your mental health, dealing with suicidal thoughts, or just “not okay,” hopefully this podcast can give you some guidance and help you feel a little less alone. For everyone else, take a listen to understand just why we need suicide awareness and maybe even learn how to help a friend in need! Check out the full podcast here.

Chrissy is a senior majoring in Political Science and minoring in Journalism and Legal Studies. She intends to use her voice to advocate for feminist values and progressive change. Before attending UCF, Chrissy resided in her hometown of Johnson City, TN, and served as an active duty Air Force medic. Now, when she isn't studying, she can most likely be found at a local political rally or grubbing on some form of dessert. If you want to see more of Chrissy, follow her on Instagram @chrissyportwine.
UCF Contributor