The Best Places to Work Out in Ann Arbor

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

As the end of September is approaching, students are finally settling into their class schedules. You may want to find a workout routine you can stick to, so here are a few of the best places in Ann Arbor. From paid boutique studio classes to free gyms on campus, there is something for everyone!

aUM Yoga

Voted the Best Yoga Studio in Ann Arbor, aUM is  home to the Michigan Yoga Club.

• New Student Deal: $20 for 7 days unlimited
  • Drop in Rate: $20 a class
  • Package: $350 for an unlimited semester package or $650 for the entire school year (averaging to $5 a class if you go 3 times a week so it’s definitely a deal)

MVMNT

Ann Arbor’s only cycling studio! Located right underneath Landmark on South University.

• New Student Deal: First class is $15
  • Drop in Rate: $18
  • Package: $450 a month for unlimited classes
  • Back To School package deals:
    • 5 classes- $75
    • 10 classes- $140
    • 20 classes- $260

Orange Theory Fitness

A total body workout with a mix of treadmill running, weights, and rowing machines.

• New Student Deal: First class free

Pure Barre

Channel your inner ballerina, lift, and tone at Pure Barre. Conveniently located right off of State Street on East Liberty.

• New Student Deal: First class free
  • Drop in Rate: $25
  • Intro Month Package: $99 unlimited
  • 10 classes- $220
  • 20 classes- $399

Title Boxing

This empowering full body workout is both energizing and exhilarating.

• New Student Deal: First class free
  • Drop in Rate: $25
  • 3 classes- $75
  • 6 classes- $145

Center for Yoga

Located on the other side of the diag, Center for Yoga sits above Jimmy John’s on State Street.

• Drop in Rate: $18
  • New Student Deal: 30 days of unlimited yoga for $49
  • Package: $169 for a month unlimited

FREE OPTIONS:

Central Campus Recreation Building (CCRB)

Offering something for everyone and conveniently located by the hill. Here are a few things you can do at the CCRB:

• Pool
  • Indoor track
  • Sauna
  • Cardio machines
  • Weight Machines
  • Group-X fitness classes (Cycling, yoga, tabata, zumba, and more)
    • $55 a semester or $5 a class
    • Basketball, volleyball, badminton, and squash courts

North Campus Recreation Building

The little brother of the CCRB, the NCRB still has everything you need to get in a quick workout! Located right behind Bursley Hall.

Intramural Sports Building (IMSB)

Located down State Street, the IM building has the latest workout equipment and amenities for the ultimate workout.

Walking or running in Nichols Arboretum (the Arb) is also a great alternative to get outdoors for some exercise while the weather permits.

In the wise words of Elle Woods, “Exercise gives you endorphins! Endorphins make you happy!” :)

Images courtesy of: aUM Yoga, MVMNT, Squarespace, Orange Theory Fitness, Pure Barre, Title Boxing Club, Center for Yoga, University of Michigan, Pinimg, and The Odyssey