How to Work Out Without Leaving Home!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

I love to work out, but I hate going to the gym.  I have always been a runner but I avoid treadmills at all costs.  Instead, you can usually find me pounding out miles somewhere outside, running around Towson or at a park.  However, lately I have decided that I really want to start some full-body toning and strengthining workouts. But the thought of going to Burdick Gym and waiting thirty minutes to use a piece of equipment totally turns me off.  The gym is always crowded. It can also be intimidating sometimes and for some students like myself I would have to take the off campus shuttle to the gym or pay to park on the street.  So instead of going through all of this, I have created my own gym that fits in my apartment/dorm and so can you!

Here is my at home gym! I have a yoga matt, a theraball, and dumbbells. They key is to find equipment that is small, inexpensive, and versatile. Some other good equipment pieces are jumpropes, kettle bells, and therabands. I hope to add those to my own gym in the future.

Work out that upper body!

Push ups on the ball can also work out your abs!

Keeping good posture is key when sitting on the ball for those bicep curls!

Chest Press without the bench

Work out that lower body!

Leg Curls can also work your abs!

Injury tip: Don’t let your knees go past your toes during ball squats!

These are only a few of the exercises that I can do at my in home gym! You can add any equipment that you want. You can even get creative by using at home every day objects as fitness tools.  Don’t forget how important cardio is though, go out and do some walking or running!

Have a question about working out at home? Have an idea for me to try at home? Tweet me: @Kaitlynmichhh