bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Get Fit Fast with a Towson Exercise Class

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

The anticipation of springtime and warm weather has quickly been approaching. Spring Break has just finished for Towson University students and many of us are feeling anxious for the new season to arrive.  Many of us are interested in exercise and fitness, but I have found that there are a lot of students who can’t seem to find the time or energy to start moving. I know that I always have had a passion for health and fitness, but at times find myself in a slump.  But, the past few weeks I have felt healthy, full of energy, and less stressed because of the time I have spent learning new ways to stay active.

If you don’t already know, Towson University offers numerous group exercise classes that are guaranteed to keep you motivated and feeling great.  I always go to the fitness center at Burdick gym but I recently have tried a couple classes that are offered and have fell in love with them.  Anybody who is a student can partake in any of the exercise classes for free.  YES, I said FREE.  From cycling, to zumba, to step classes, you are sure to find something that you enjoy.  You can easily find when and where all the classes that are offered at http://www.towson.edu/campusre…

The past several weeks I have taken on the task of trying several of the classes on my own.  I am reporting back with positive feedback.  The first class I tried was called Body Pump.  This class is the original barbell class that strengthens your entire body.  It is a 60-minute workout that challenges all your major muscle groups by using weight-room exercises like squats, presses, lifts, and curls.  With great music, awesome instructors, and your choice of weight, you will be inspired to get the results you came for.   

With confidence, I decided to choose another great class to attend.  This time I was looking for something different, so I decided to go to Tiger Spin.  You get to enjoy a cycling ride that takes you through various terrains and pushes your cardiovascular limits with a mix of aerobic and anaerobic training.  This class was perfect for a beginner like me, but also for advanced fitness levels.  The instructors are very helpful, motivating, and encourage everybody to try their best.  Don’t be intimidated trying something new. 

With a few cardio classes successfully completed, I went to my first Ab Attack class.  This class challenges your core and strengthens the abdominal, oblique, lower back and “core” muscles for a solid cardio and strength workout combined and in only 20 minutes total!  I knew I had to this class and boy was I feeling the burn! I highly recommend taking an abs class because when you strengthen your core, you are preventing many other injuries from happening.

So get some friends together and choose a class!  You will have fun and feel great.  There is never a better time to try something new than the time we have right now.  Don’t be scared, and don’t let anybody intimidate you.  All fitness levels are welcomed to any of the classes.  Just stay positive and keep an open mind.  With the new season approaching, get ready to enjoy yourself even more with a new fitness-oriented mindset.  See you in class!