This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Let’s face it, if you’re a college student right now, you’re probably feeling stressed, overwhelmed, overworked, or all of the above. Suppose you’re juggling other responsibilities on top of school work, such as a job or an extracurricular. In that case, those emotions may be even more heightened.

Sophomore year has been undeniably more challenging than freshman year for me. My classes require more time, effort, and energy than has ever been asked of me. I’ve spent the past 2 months trying to manage my assignments, working part-time, and, most importantly, taking a break.

Make time for yourself.
There is a stigma around what college students should be doing. For some people, this could be a physical activity such as running or exercising; for others, it could be as simple as grabbing take-out for dinner. Still, many people feel overwhelmed doing “typical” college things, like going out or staying up into the wee hours of the morning. Whether taking an extra 10 minutes in the shower to put on a hair mask or having a movie night by yourself, make time for what you really want and what makes you happy. If it doesn’t make you happy, it’s not worth your precious time.

Your grades do not make or break your future.
In a class I took last semester, a guest speaker informed us that he obtained a job out of college with a 2.7 GPA. He now makes ninety thousand dollars a year as a social media editor. He reiterated that employers’ primary focus is not your GPA. It’s your experience and ability to adapt to real-world situations. He revealed that he had never once focused on someone’s GPA for longer than 30 seconds when reviewing a job application.

You are right where you are supposed to be.
Whether that be your physical or mental state, your journey in life is filled with both ups and downs. You may feel out of place or stunted in your current situation. Regardless of where you are, remember that you are constantly evolving; each day is a chance to find good in your life.

Casey is a third-year student at the University of Texas at Austin pursuing a journalism degree and a business Spanish certificate. She is currently a food editorial intern at Camille Styles and where she writes and publishes food and lifestyle pieces. In her free time, Casey enjoys cooking, traveling, and practicing yoga. IG: caseymckee_ Blog: KeenlyCasey.com Twitter: casey.mckee7