Dosi Blends products
Dosi Blends products
Photo by Victoria Navarro
Wellness

How I Practice Self-Care As A UT Student

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Well, it’s that time of the semester. We’re so close to being done but we’re still not quite finished yet. I don’t know about y’all but I have projects, papers, and presentations galore. I get overwhelmed easily, especially when I have a lot of work to do. Whenever I’m feeling like things are moving too fast, here are some ways that I take some time for myself.

Meditation class by Dosi Blends at HCTX retreat
Photo by Victoria Navarro
Meditation

I love meditating! It’s so serene and helps me stay grounded. I usually meditate alone, but I recently tried group meditation for the first time. At Her Campus Texas’ Spring Retreat, Erica from DOSI Blends taught a group meditation focused on women’s empowerment and our connection to nature. I remembered feeling so refreshed after the class and even noticed that the whole chapter seemed more energized and ready to start Retreat!

Spa-Inspired Showers

My favorite part of the day is shower time. I love feeling clean and rejuvenated after a long day of studying. One of my favorite ways to elevate showers is to use a body scrub. Lately, I’ve been using the one that I made at Retreat with DOSI Blends. I loved how we were able to customize our scrubs with different essential oils and luxe add-ons like rose petals or coffee grounds. I made one with rose petals and a mix of the “I Am Present” oil blend, which smells like mint and lemongrass, and the “I Am Loved” oil blend, which smells like roses and sandalwood. The scrub is great for exfoliating and makes the whole shower smell amazing!

Affirmations

Affirmations are so important! It doesn’t take long to practice them each day, but they have such a strong impact. Whenever I’m feeling stressed out with school, I rely on affirmations for some much-needed encouragement. I recently wrote about some of my favorite go-to affirmations for self-love here.

Walks

Exercise and mental health are more connected than we realize. Taking the time to go on a walk either by myself or with friends and family helps me get some easy exercise and uplifts my mood. The walk can be as long or as short as you like. The important thing is to go outside and experience nature while releasing some endorphins.

Dosi Blends products
Photo by Victoria Navarro

I know that midterm and exam season is tough, but you got this! Always remember to take care of yourself and do what you can to feel your best. I hope that these tips for self-care will serve you well as this semester wraps up.

Sarah is a second-year journalism student at the University of Texas at Austin and serves as a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Texas. She loves fashion, beauty, and music and enjoys sharing these interests in her writing.